Digital TV News: NetRange
NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
Dec 3, 2020 – itel has selected the NetRange VISNOS Smart TV app portal for its new Smart TV range. NetRange VISNOS moves app functionality to the cloud enabling an advanced Smart TV experience on low end/low CPU-powered TVs.
News categories: NetRange, itel, Tim Schröder, Frank Gao, Africa, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Vietnam
NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
Nov 24, 2020 – NetRange has announced that it has launched its cloud-powered VISNOS (Virtual Smart TV NetRange OS) platform to slash CE device manufacturers’ Smart TV costs and enable existing low-powered TVs to receive Smart TV services.
News categories: NetRange, Tim Schröder, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vevo added to NetRange Smart TV app store
Nov 17, 2020 – Vevo and NetRange have announced a collaboration to widen access to Vevo’s music video service to Smart TVs in nearly a dozen countries powered by the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: NetRange, Vevo, Tim Schröeder, Rob Christensen, Apps, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
Jul 28, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced that its sister company NetRange has developed a car-centric app store that is now part of its ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS releases NetFront Browser BE v2.8
Jul 21, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced the release of NetFront Browser BE v2.8 that supports the company’s goal of providing the automotive, entertainment, and media markets with the most secure and advanced commercial embedded browser.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
ACCESS acquires NetRange
Apr 16, 2019 – ACCESS Europe has acquired NetRange. The acquisition guarantees that the company’s customers will be able to deploy solutions spanning the entire connected entertainment portfolio inside the home, on-the-go and in connected vehicles.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, Dr. Neale Foster, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, In-Car, MandA, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Express Luck chooses NetRange Smart TV portal
Sep 5, 2017 – Via the NetRange Smart TV Portal, users of Express Luck in Europe but also throughout SE Asia and Latin America can enjoy a rich variety of content in over 60 languages, including live channels, premium VoD and Catch Up TV, music, sport, news, games and many other services.
News categories: NetRange, Express Luck, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES