Digital TV News: Netgem
Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
Sep 15, 2019 – Netgem is releasing a second generation of its smart soundbars for telcos in partnership with Sharp. The Soundbox is a comprehensive package including Alexa, 4K HDR10, catch-up TV, OTT, DVB-T2, wireless audio control, great sound, and a slick design.
News categories: Netgem, Sharp, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Set Top Box
ZTE and Netgem to jointly address the European fibre market
Mar 12, 2019 – Netgem and ZTE have partnered to offer connected home solutions to European fibre operators. ZTE will provide devices, production capability and financing. Netgem will provide software assets, content relationships and integration expertise.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, Joseph Haddad, Fang Hui, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Set Top Box, UX
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Netgem to offer Amazon Prime Video on its virtual STB platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Netgem has announced that Amazon Prime Video will come to its virtual STB software platform. Set-top-box and soundbox solutions powered with Netgem software will feature the full range of Amazon Prime Video services.
News categories: Netgem, Amazon Prime Video, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE to deliver STBs to TotalPlay based on Netgem middleware
May 3, 2017 – Netgem has announces the signature of a software agreement with ZTE for the delivery of complete TV solutions to Telecom operators in Latin America. The partnership starts in Mexico with TotalPlay.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, TotalPlay, Joseph Haddad, William Tan, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
Netgem shows smart home at MWC17; Invests in Voxtok
Feb 24, 2017 – At Mobile World Congress Netgem will present two innovations in its smart home roadmap: Voice Control with Amazon, and SoundBox - the first connected speakers to embed set-top-box technology.
News categories: Netgem, Voxtok, Christophe Aulnette, Joel Reboul, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, MWC19, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Netgem launches ‘Watch with Twitter'
Nov 30, 2016 – Netgem has announced the launch of Watch on Twitter. The functionality has been incorporated into its #TelcoTV cloud platform. The service, which has seen its first launch on EE TV in the UK, enables viewers to see which shows are trending on Twitter.
News categories: Netgem, Sylvain Thevenot, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware