Digital TV News: Netgem
Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
Mar 20, 2023 – Netgem has confirmed that the sale of its La Fibre Videofutur business to Nordnet will take effect on 1st April 2023. The transfer of the subscribers will be carried out without impact on the TV service operated by Netgem.
News categories: Netgem, Nordnet, Mathias HAUTEFORT, Jean-François BRAEMS, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, MandA
Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
Feb 1, 2023 – The rapid evolution of the market towards standardized set-top boxes based on Android TV should allow Netgem to completely withdraw from the sale of access equipment and the associated working capital requirements.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Netgem powers triple-play bundle from Lothian Broadband
Nov 3, 2022 – In partnership with Netgem, Lothian Broadband Networks Limited (LBNL) is offering not only TV but also voice alongside its ultrafast fibre broadband. Netgem worked with Netsapiens to enable LBNL to move from single to triple play in a matter of weeks.
News categories: Netgem, Lothian Broadband, Netsapiens, Sylvain Thevenot, Gavin Rodgers, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home, UK
Number of subscribers to Netgem's services reaches 470,000
Oct 20, 2022 – The total number of subscribers to Netgem Group services reached 470,000 at the end of September 2022, a growth rate of over 40% year-on-year. The Group has confirmed its target of half a million subscribers by end-2022.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, France, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
Sep 21, 2022 – Air Broadband has added a Netgem TV add-on option to all of its fibre broadband services. Netgem Tv includes over 200 channels, including 100 extra HD channels on top of Freeview, and 60,000+ hours of on demand content.
News categories: Netgem, Air Broadband, Aziz Laouir, Andrew Glover, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
Jun 29, 2022 – Gibtelecom has launched its new TV offer based on Netgem's TV platform. With the platform, Gibtelecom benefits from Netgem's latest innovations in navigation (search, replay) and usage standardization between different devices (box and applications).
News categories: Netgem, Gibtelecom, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
May 12, 2022 – Netgem has announced a partnership with Gaumont to launch its Gaumont Classique SVOD service. To conceive and develop the service, Gaumont trusted the expertise of Netgem and its Content-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: Netgem, Gaumont, Mathias Hautefort, Jérôme Soulet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
TalkTalk rolls out 4K TV set-top box with Netgem
Mar 21, 2022 – The 4K TV Box offers more choice for TalkTalk TV customers alongside Ultra HD 4K viewing. Customers can access more than 70 channels and on-demand players through the Netgem TV interface with apps and streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netgem, Jonathan Kini, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Netgem powers ZEOPTV streaming service in Réunion
Feb 16, 2022 – ZEOP has announced the launch of ZEOPTV in Réunion. ZEOPTV offers an entertainment streaming experience to fibre subscribers on any screen, including for the first time on the NetgemTV-powered platform on Apple TV and Android TV.
News categories: Netgem, ZEOP, Mathias Hautefort, Xavier Joseph, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Mascarene Islands
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV