Digital TV News: Norigin Media
Norigin Media makes parts of TV App framework open source
Jun 25, 2019 – Norigin Media has open sourced parts of its tech framework for building TV Apps. This open source initiative aims to increase the quality of software across the streaming industry, and encourage broadcasters to work together by reusing common code.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Scandinavian cable company chooses Norigin Media cloud platform
Sep 4, 2018 – A leading cable company in Scandinavia has chosen Norigin Media to host and manage over 100 TV channels. The distributor who provides fiber based broadband and premium TV services has migrated all its linear TV channels from Amazon´s AWS to Norigin Media's Cloudncoder.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2021
Norigin integrates NPAW for ready-made analytics
Feb 14, 2018 – Norigin Media and NPAW (Nice People at Work) have partnered to integrate Quality of Experience (QoE) analytics with Norigin’s multi-screen TV apps SDK. This integration will allow developers to build premium TV apps across devices that would also support YOUBORA’s analytics technology.
News categories: Norigin Media, NPAW, Ajey Anand, Apps, Digital TV, MWC21, NABShow, QoE, Sweden, Worldwide
TV4 Sweden chooses Norigin Media for smart TV apps
Nov 13, 2017 – Norigin Media has announced that Sweden's TV4 Group has chosen Norigin's Canvas Apps development services to build Smart TV Apps for their new AVoD service. The advanced OTT platform will give viewers free access to both live and on-demand content.
News categories: Norigin Media, Bonnier, TV4 Group, Ajey Anand, Cecilia Engelbert, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden, UX
Orange use Norigin Media TV apps in Africa
Sep 27, 2017 – Orange TV has launches in Côte d’Ivoire using multi-screen TV Apps from Norigin Media. The service offers premium TV streaming on mobiles and tablets with the option of casting onto larger screens.
News categories: Norigin, Orange, Ajey Anand, Apps, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile
castLabs multi-DRM integrated with Norigin Media's TV hosting platform
Aug 30, 2017 – Norigin Media has unveiled a collaboration with castLabs. Utilizing Norigin Media’s live TV transcoding platform and castLabs’ multi-DRM License Delivery Network, TV operators can realize value chain migration to the cloud with ease for multiscreen delivery.
News categories: Norigin Media, castLabs, Ajey Anand, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2021, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
MTV Finland chooses Norigin Media to build Smart TV apps
Mar 7, 2017 – MTV Oy, the Finnish Media and TV company, has chosen Norigin Media to build smart TV applications on Samsung and LG Connected TVs. The company plans to launch new premium TV streaming services on these applications.
News categories: Norigin Media, MTV Oy, Ajey Anand, Jyri kylönen, Apps, Digital TV, Finland, Smart TV, Streaming
Norigin Media wins Hybrid Apps contract in Poland
Mar 30, 2016 – Norigin Media has announced a signed contract with a national TV provider for the launch of it’s Hybrid Apps product. The OTT TV & Video service with custom branding will be made available for consumers across Poland.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Apps, Mobile, Poland, Streaming, Video Exchange
AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
Sep 1, 2014 – AirTies Wireless Networks has partnered with Norigin Media to launch a multimedia casting Set-top box (STB) which is used to cast TV and Video streams from mobile devices onto larger screens at home. The STB will be on display at IBC 2014.
News categories: AirTies, Norigin Media, Bulent Celebi, Espen Erikstad, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2021, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- Wyplay integrates Hoppr targeted advertising solution
- ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
- GlobalLogic solution accelerators speed OTT app development
- Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform