Digital TV News: ORS
ORS becomes shareholder of Insys Video Technologies
Jun 28, 2023 – Austrian TV provider, ORS, has become a shareholder of Insys Video Technologies. ORS is using the Insys Video platform to distribute its simpliTV streaming service.
News categories: Insys Video, ORS, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
ORS trials live 5G broadcast transmission at Donauinselfest in Vienna
Jun 21, 2023 – As part of an RTR-funded 5G Broadcast trial in Vienna, ORS tested 5G Broadcast distribution for large live events regarding latency and hybrid distribution at the Donauinselfest.
News categories: ORS, RTR, ORF, Kronehit, Martin Holovlasky, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
ORS deploys video delivery solution fully managed by Broadpeak
May 17, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that ORS has deployed a video delivery solution fully managed by Broadpeak, providing live, VOD, and catch-up TV services with high reliability and quality of experience.
News categories: Broadpeak, ORS, Jacques Le Mancq, Norbert Grill, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Accedo supports launch of ITVX in the UK
Dec 16, 2022 – Accedo has worked on the ITVX video service for a number of platforms, including Youview, Freeview, Android TV, Freesat, Roku, Samsung Tizen, Samsung Orsay, and Xbox, as well as for the ITVX website.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Steve Forde, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
HT Eronet chooses IPTV/OTT platform from UniqCast
Sep 6, 2022 – HT Eronet has upgraded its video streaming service with an IPTV / OTT platform from UniqCast. One of the important requirements was an Android-based STB solution, to offer a variety of apps as well as a premium UX for users.
News categories: UniqCast, HT Eronet, Darko Robič, Damir Oršolić, Android TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
NPAW and 3SS create analytics-driven experience management solution
May 27, 2022 – 3SS and NPAW have announced that they have combined technologies to create a data-fueled customer intelligence platform which helps operators prevent churn and enhance average revenue per user (ARPU).
News categories: 3SS, NPAW, Pierre Donath, Ferran Gutierrez Vilaró, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
ORS signs deal with Simply.TV for advanced metadata and EPG
Jun 2, 2021 – ORS has signed a multi-year deal with Simply.TV covering real-time metadata for 100+ linear TV channels and providing direct feed integration with Austrian and German broadcasters.
News categories: Simply.TV, ORS, Thomas Langsenlehner, Daniel Rühmann, Austria, Big Data, Digital TV, UX
ORS launches hybrid Smart TV apps powered by 3SS
May 20, 2021 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Austria’s national broadcasting services provider, ORS, has launched three smart TV apps, designed, engineered and delivered by 3SS, for its new simpliTV service.
News categories: 3SS, ORS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Langsenlehner, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework