Digital TV News: Opera
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SeaChange selected by Canada’s largest independent ISP to power video streaming service
Mar 18, 2020 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has secured a win with Canada’s largest independent ISP to power its new streaming TV service. The ISP selected SeaChange’s online-video platform, the Framework, to deliver access to more than 150 HD channels as well as cloud PVR, GO apps, and VOD.
News categories: SeaChange, Yossi Aloni, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Latin America SVOD subscriptions to double
Mar 16, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin America will have 81 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025; almost double the 42 million recorded at end-2019. This growth comes despite the recession affecting most countries in the region.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Cincinnati Bell to be acquired by Macquarie
Mar 13, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB), together with Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (MIP), has announced an agreement through which a MIP-controlled subsidiary will acquire all outstanding shares of Cincinnati Bell.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners, Ares Management, Lynn A. Wentworth, Leigh Fox, Karl Kuchel, Scott Graves, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, USA
Wurl network reaches 100 million CTVs after year of operations
Mar 12, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA, Worldwide
Vidaa partners with OTTera to integrate long tail OTT services
Mar 11, 2020 – Hisense and their subsidiary Vidaa have chosen OTTera for onboarding onto the Hisense VIDAA platform. Vidaa will work with OTTera to integrate long tail providers and utilize OTTera's built-in advertising solution.
News categories: OTTera, Vidaa, Stephen L. Hodge, Guy Edri, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Foxtel deploys Harmonic video processing for Ultra HD
Mar 11, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Foxtel has deployed Harmonic's live video processor to increase efficiencies in its Ultra HD service offering. Foxtel can now deliver additional Ultra HD programming in the same bandwidth.
News categories: Harmonic, Foxtel, Tony Berthaud, Darren Windus, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
T-Mobile Czech Republic and Slovak Telekom deploy video apps with 24i
Mar 10, 2020 – 24i has announced that its 24i Smart Operator product has been deployed by T-Mobile Czech Republic and Slovak Telekom to provide IPTV and TV Anywhere video experiences to T-Mobile TV GO, Magio GO and Digi GO customers.
News categories: 24i, Slovak Telekom, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Martijn van Horssen, Marcel Šatánek, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, TV Everywhere
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation