Digital TV News: Origin
TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
Aug 18, 2022 – TVCoins has launched a white-label Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platform with a built-in viewer incentive program. The platform enables content owners to rapidly publish their live and on-demand video with no upfront investment.
News categories: TVCoins, Telemedellín, Yossi Aloni, Gustavo Marra, Marek Kielczewski, Deninson Mendoza Ramos, Advertising, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
Aug 15, 2022 – Walmart is taking its membership offering to the next level by adding a new streaming benefit. Walmart+ will soon be available for members with an added bonus – a Paramount+ Essential subscription at no extra cost.
News categories: Walmart, Paramount, Chris Cracchiolo, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
Aug 15, 2022 – The global smart home market is expected to experience consecutive years of softening growth starting in 2021 before an upward trajectory resumes in 2023, according to Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Blake Kozak, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
Aug 15, 2022 – KPN has announced that, from September, its customers will be able to add an HBO Max subscription to their KPN Internet, TV or Mobile subscription, making HBO Max available to 3.6 million Dutch households.
News categories: KPN, Warner Bros. Discovery, HBO Max, Jochem de Jong, Guillaume Coffin, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
Aug 10, 2022 – On December 8, 2022, Disney+ will introduce its ad-supported subscription offering in the US. With the launch, a new slate of subscription plans will be made available across Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and the Disney Bundle.
News categories: Disney, Kareem Daniel, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
Aug 8, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery and DISH Network have announced that discovery+ will be available to both SLING TV and DISH TV customers. The platform launched 70,000+ episodes of premium content on SLING starting August 8 followed by DISH on August 25.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, SLING TV, DISH Network, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Gary Schanman, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
Aug 3, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Paramount+ will launch as a Premium Subscription within The Roku Channel later this month. Through a dedicated Live TV Guide consumers will be able to access Paramount+’s live content all in one place.
News categories: Roku, Paramount+, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
Aug 2, 2022 – Foxtel and Disney have announced an agreement to integrate the Disney+ app on the STBs of Foxtel subscribers, boosting Foxtel's streaming aggregation strategy and bringing together the world's best content all in one place.
News categories: Foxtel, Disney, Amanda Laing, Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sky Glass to launch in Ireland in August
Jul 27, 2022 – Sky Ireland has announced that Sky's TV, Sky Glass, will launch in Ireland on 25th August 2022. Sky Glass is the only TV with Sky inside, allowing customers to get Sky TV over WiFi – removing the need for a satellite dish or STB.
News categories: Sky, JD Buckley, Digital TV, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution