Digital TV News: Paramount+
VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
Jun 6, 2023 – VIDAA and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced a partnership to bring Paramount+ to smart TVs powered by VIDAA in Canada and Latin America, including Brazil.
News categories: VIDAA, Paramount+, Nick Ruczaj, Marco Nobili, Apps, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Paramount+ now available on Virgin TV in the UK
May 12, 2023 – Virgin Media customers with Virgin TV 360 or Stream can now access Paramount+ directly via their set-top box for £6.99 per month or £69.90 per year.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Global SVOD subscriptions to be 400 million higher by 2028
May 15, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 400 million between 2022 and 2028 to reach 1.76 billion, revealing that there is still plenty of SVOD growth left.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Paramount+ adds 4.1 million subscribers in 1Q 2023
May 4, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Paramount+ reached 60 million total subscribers with the addition of 4.1 million subscribers in the quarter.
News categories: Paramount Global, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Half of ad-supported Netflix subscribers find the ad load heavy
Apr 24, 2023 – Though Netflix's ad-supported tier averages less than 5 minutes of ads per hour, 49% of Basic with Ads subscribers found it to varying degrees heavy, with 17% seeing it as excessive, according to Aluma.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Global AVOD revenues to have grown $50 billion by 2028
Apr 24, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, global AVOD revenues will reach $91bn in 2028, up from $41bn in 2022. The US will contribute 41% to the 2028 total, adding $20 billion between 2022 and 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
PlayOn and MediaRadar ink streaming data deal
Apr 6, 2023 – MediaRadar and PlayOn have announced that MediaRadar will use data derived from video captured via PlayOn to enhance their streaming Media advertising analytics and insights products.
News categories: MediaRadar, PlayOn, Todd Krizelman, Jeff Lawrence, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
Mar 22, 2023 – As the number of Fire TV devices sold passes 200 million globally, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the expansion of its Amazon-built TV series and their availability in more countries.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Germany, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS, UK, USA, Worldwide
U.S. digital entertainment consumer spending grew $3.7bn in 2022
Mar 7, 2023 – Overall U.S. consumer spending across digital and physical home entertainment formats in 2022 was more than $36.5 billion, an 11.4% increase from the almost $33 billion consumers spent in 2021.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart