Digital TV News: Paramount+
Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
May 16, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 485 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.69 billion. Six US-based platforms will have 988 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2027, up from 612 million in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Paramount adds 6.3 million global streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 3, 2022 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. In Direct-To-Consumer, global streaming subscribers rose to more than 62 million, adding 6.3 million total subscribers in the quarter.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Horowitz sees slight drop in SVOD subscriptions in the U.S.
Apr 27, 2022 – A Horowitz Research study has found a slight drop in subscriptions to SVOD services in the U.S., even as the number of SVOD services has increased over the past few years and as the share of streaming compared to traditional viewing grows.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
C&W brings Paramount+ to Flow and BTC subscribers in the Caribbean
Mar 28, 2022 – Paramount+ has announced an alliance with C&W Communications to bring its premium content exclusively to subscribers of Flow and BTC video services in more than 15 new markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: C&W Communications, Paramount+, Britta Reinhardt, Eduardo Lebrija, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Streaming
Vivendi releases results for FY 2021
Mar 9, 2022 – Vivendi has released audited results for the year to December 31, 2021. At the end of 2021, Canal+ Group's total subscriber portfolio reached 23.7 million, compared to 22.1 million at the end of December 2020 on a pro forma basis.
News categories: Vivendi, Digital TV, France, Results, Worldwide
Latin American OTT revenues to double between 2021 and 2027
Mar 7, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues in Latin American will double to $14 billion in 2027. From the $7 billion additional OTT revenues between 2021 and 2027, SVOD will provide $4.5 billion and AVOD $2.0 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 550 million between 2021 and 2027
Feb 22, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 550 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.75 billion. China and the US will together account for 48% of the world’s total by 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
U.S. to add 104 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Feb 17, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, gross SVOD subscriptions in the U.S. will climb from 354 million at end-2021 to 458 million in 2027, with about 86% of TV households subscribing to at least one SVOD platform by then.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report