Digital TV News: Pyramid Research
Mirada wins multiscreen cable TV contract in Bolivia
Oct 6, 2017 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced a contract with Digital TV Cable Edmund, a Bolivian pay TV operator. Under the contract, Mirada will deploy its suite of Iris multiscreen products, including its OTT platform and back-end application, across Digital TV Cable's network.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV Cable Edmund, José Luis Vázquez, Elio Montes, Bolivia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu expands to the Philippines
Nov 29, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has achieved four million unique users just one year after its launch and has now launched in the Philippines as part of its regional expansion.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming
Soaring VOD demand significant investment opportunity for European telcos
Jul 14, 2016 – The availability of fast fixed and mobile next generation networks has significantly changed video consumption habits in Europe, driving mobile video, on-demand video and multi-screen viewing, according to Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Stephanie Char, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
SVoD to generate 6% of pay TV revenue in China by 2016
Mar 11, 2015 – Subscription video on demand (SVod) will rise to 28.3 million users in China in 2016, as OTT players secure exclusive rights to paid sports content such as English Premier League, according to a report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Hansang He, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
OTT video picks up in emerging markets to become a truly global trend
Jan 27, 2015 – A Pyramid Research report expects paid OTT revenue in emerging markets to expand from US$1.9 billion in 2014 to US$6.0 billion in 2019. Subscription video on demand (SVoD) services were available to 1.3% of emerging market households in 2014.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Daniele Tricarico, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Emerging markets lead IPTV subscription growth through 2018
Dec 20, 2013 – Global IPTV subscriptions are expected to reach 102 million in 2018, with the fastest growth coming from Latin America and Africa and the Middle East, according to the newest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Leslie Arathoon, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
IMTV partners with Irdeto to launch 'BIGTV' service
Sep 9, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that IMTV, the new broadcasting arm of Indonesia's Lippo Group, has selected Irdeto Media Protection to securely deliver digital television content over BIGTV, a new premium DTH satellite service launched this month.
News categories: Irdeto, IMTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
Global IPTV Subscriptions Will Pass the 100m Mark in 2013
Mar 20, 2013 – Global IPTV subscriptions are expected to pass the 100 million mark in 2013 and grow to 181.1 million in 2017, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Pay-TV Accounts to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
May 31, 2012 – Pyramid Research expects that pay TV accounts will surpass the 1 billion mark in 2014 globally, with cable accounting for 58 percent of the total, down from 66 percent in 2011. By end-2014, IPTV subscriptions will exceed 100 million.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December