Digital TV News: Pyramid Research
Mirada wins multiscreen cable TV contract in Bolivia
Oct 6, 2017 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced a contract with Digital TV Cable Edmund, a Bolivian pay TV operator. Under the contract, Mirada will deploy its suite of Iris multiscreen products, including its OTT platform and back-end application, across Digital TV Cable's network.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV Cable Edmund, José Luis Vázquez, Elio Montes, Bolivia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu expands to the Philippines
Nov 29, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has achieved four million unique users just one year after its launch and has now launched in the Philippines as part of its regional expansion.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming
Soaring VOD demand significant investment opportunity for European telcos
Jul 14, 2016 – The availability of fast fixed and mobile next generation networks has significantly changed video consumption habits in Europe, driving mobile video, on-demand video and multi-screen viewing, according to Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Stephanie Char, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
SVoD to generate 6% of pay TV revenue in China by 2016
Mar 11, 2015 – Subscription video on demand (SVod) will rise to 28.3 million users in China in 2016, as OTT players secure exclusive rights to paid sports content such as English Premier League, according to a report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Hansang He, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
OTT video picks up in emerging markets to become a truly global trend
Jan 27, 2015 – A Pyramid Research report expects paid OTT revenue in emerging markets to expand from US$1.9 billion in 2014 to US$6.0 billion in 2019. Subscription video on demand (SVoD) services were available to 1.3% of emerging market households in 2014.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Daniele Tricarico, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Emerging markets lead IPTV subscription growth through 2018
Dec 20, 2013 – Global IPTV subscriptions are expected to reach 102 million in 2018, with the fastest growth coming from Latin America and Africa and the Middle East, according to the newest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Leslie Arathoon, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
IMTV partners with Irdeto to launch 'BIGTV' service
Sep 9, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that IMTV, the new broadcasting arm of Indonesia's Lippo Group, has selected Irdeto Media Protection to securely deliver digital television content over BIGTV, a new premium DTH satellite service launched this month.
News categories: Irdeto, IMTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
Global IPTV Subscriptions Will Pass the 100m Mark in 2013
Mar 20, 2013 – Global IPTV subscriptions are expected to pass the 100 million mark in 2013 and grow to 181.1 million in 2017, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Pay-TV Accounts to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
May 31, 2012 – Pyramid Research expects that pay TV accounts will surpass the 1 billion mark in 2014 globally, with cable accounting for 58 percent of the total, down from 66 percent in 2011. By end-2014, IPTV subscriptions will exceed 100 million.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK