Digital TV News: QuickPlay Media
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Streaming, TV Everywhere
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
PrimeTime2Go™ Mobile TV Service Extended to Motorola Android-Powered Smartphones
May 18, 2010 – QuickPlay Media has announced the availability of its PrimeTime2Go™ mobile TV service on Android-powered Motorola devices, including the Motorola CLIQ™, BACKFLIP™, CLIQ XT™ and DROID by Motorola (NYSE: MOT).
News categories: QuickPlay Media, Motorola, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Telecom New Zealand launches XT Mobile TV
Sep 2, 2009 – XT Mobile Network customers can enjoy drama, comedy or news for free until 30 November 2009 with Telecom's new Mobile TV service. XT Mobile Network is the 3G mobile network run by Telecom New Zealand (NZX:TEL).
News categories: Telecom New Zealand, 5G, Mobile, New Zealand
QuickPlay Announces 'Mobile Set-Top Box' for TV Service Providers
Aug 24, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has unveiled its new Mobile Set-Top Box solution. The solution will enable TV service providers to easily extend set-top box capabilities beyond the living room to popular consumer electronic and mobile devices.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Placeshifting, Portable, Set Top Box
QuickPlay Media Announces Mobile TV for BlackBerry® Smartphones
Apr 1, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has announced the upcoming launch of its PrimeTime2Go™ premium mobile TV service. The service, available in early May, will enable consumers to download and watch full-length episodes of their favorite shows on-demand.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, BlackBerry® App Worldâ„¢ storefront, Digital TV, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, USA
UK mobile customers predict significant rise in mobile TV and video usage by 2010
Feb 16, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has revealed the results of an independent survey focused on mobile TV and video consumption in the UK. The survey indicates an increase in the number of consumers that have viewed mobile TV and video content, rising from 41 to 48%.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, Market Research, Mobile, MWC22, UK
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June