Digital TV News: Rakuten
Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
Dec 6, 2023 – 1&1 has launched a video-on-demand service, 1&1 Cinema, with Zattoo and Rakuten TV. Zattoo integrating Rakuten TV's TVoD into the Zattoo-developed white label TV platform of 1&1.
News categories: Zattoo, Rakuten TV, 1&1, Jörg Meyer, Jorge del Puerto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Alteox brings Rakuten TV films to PostTV in Luxembourg
Oct 17, 2023 – Alteox has made available Rakuten TV's catalogue of international films on its streaming platform, enabling POST Telecom to offer the content on-demand to its subscribers in Luxembourg.
News categories: Alteox, Rakuten TV, POST Telecom, Sven Breckler, Jorge Del Puerto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg
Rakuten TV to offer local FAST channels with OKAST
Oct 6, 2023 – Rakuten TV has partnered with OKAST to offer local FAST channels in its European territories, providing audiences with content that resonates with their values and culture.
News categories: OKAST, Rakuten TV, Cédric Monnier, Cédric Dufour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
FIFA+ expands availability on CTV and FAST channel platforms
Jul 26, 2023 – FIFA has expanded the reach of FIFA+ with apps for Samsung TV, LG, VIDAA, Amazon Fire and Android TV, and FAST availability on Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, VIDAA Channels, The Roku Channel and Rakuten TV.
News categories: FIFA, Charlotte Burr, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Amagi to power FAST channels on Cineverse
Jul 17, 2023 – Amagi is to provide its portfolio of FAST channels to the Cineverse (NASDAQ: CNVS) streaming service and add Cineverse's streaming channels to the Amagi CONNECT marketplace.
News categories: Cineverse, Amagi, Erick Opeka, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Connect Fibre ISP adds TV service with Netgem
Jul 5, 2023 – Netgem has announced that it will be powering Connect Fibre TV's new TV service in the UK, based on Netgem's streaming solution for ISPs and delivered through Netgem's 4K TV box.
News categories: Netgem, Connect Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Deryck Shepherd, Content Distribution, Finance, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Annual AVOD/FAST ad revenue already above €250m in the EU5
Apr 4, 2023 – In 2022, NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie estimate that AVOD and FAST advertising revenues reached €255 million in the EU5, with the UK and Germany accounting for 80%.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Laurence Deléchapt, Philippe Bailly, Advertising, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023