Digital TV News: Ready TV
HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
Jun 9, 2021 – SES HD PLUS Ghana has integrated its satellite TV service into selected Samsung TVs using NAGRA’s TVkey Cloud technology. The built-in operator app offers users direct access to HD+ straight out of the box as part of a new TV installation.
News categories: Nagra, Samsung, HD PLUS Ghana, Multimedia Group, Thierry Legrand, Lucas Lee, Theodore Asampong, Abdulai Awudu, Apps, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Smart TV
Hisense Smart TVs certified WiSA Ready
Mar 18, 2021 – WiSA (NASDAQ: WISA) has announced that Hisense's premier 2021 TV models have been certified WiSA Ready. This allows for connection to WiSA-compliant USB transmitters and speakers for home cinema.
News categories: WiSA, Hisense, Tony Ostrom, David Gold, Smart TV, USA
Ericsson Media Solutions launches MediaFirst UHD
Apr 11, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Media Solutions has announced the launch of its MediaFirst End-to-End Ultra High Definition (UHD) solution, a software-based, multi-application media processing and encoding platform.
News categories: Ericsson, Boris Felts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Worldwide
Jamaica's Ready TV selects CryptoGuard for content security
Apr 30, 2017 – Ready TV, Jamaica’s first digital subscription television service has inked a deal with Swedish based CryptoGuard - a content security provider of secure and smart access control systems for digital television.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Ready TV, Kjell Carlswärd, Chris Dehring, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Jamaica
Samsung entire 2016 Smart TV line-up to be IoT-ready
Dec 29, 2015 – Samsung has announced that its entire 2016 Smart TV line-up will be Internet of Things (IoT) ready and connected with the SmartThings platform. SmartThings is an open platform that allows users to connect, manage and control smart devices and IoT services.
News categories: Samsung, SmartThings, Hyun Suk Kim, Alex Hawkinson, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
DIRECTV first multi-channel video provider to deliver 4K Ultra HD VOD
Nov 13, 2014 – DIRECTV has announced that it will begin offering a variety of new releases, popular films and nature documentaries in 4K Ultra HD. DIRECTV has teamed up with Samsung as its exclusive CE 4K UHD launch partner.
News categories: DIRECTV, Samsung, Romulo Pontual, CES2022, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Anvia Selects ACCESS’ Solutions to Support Media Sharing on All Devices
Mar 13, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Anvia have announced that Anvia has selected ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0 and NetFront™ Living Connect to power its new line of High Definition Hybrid Set-Top-Boxes.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Anvia, Esa Wahlroos, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Polaroid launches 50" Roku Ready Smart TV
Jan 2, 2014 – At the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show, Polaroid will debut a 50” Smart TV that is Roku Ready® as well as a 50” Ultra HD 4K Television.
News categories: Polaroid, Scott W. Hardy, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil