Digital TV News: RealNetworks
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Verimatrix Demonstrates Momentum in Connected TV Devices and OTT Services at IP&TV World Forum 2011
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be showcasing its broadening ecosystem support for connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) premium video services at the IP&TV World Forum, through widespread integration of ViewRight® security clients at its booth.
News categories: Verimatrix, Video Exchange
Verimatrix Enables Secure Mobile Video Services on Android Devices Using New HTTP Live Client From RealNetworks
Sep 10, 2010 – Verimatrix has introduced a security client that supports playback of HTTP Live Streaming content on Android devices. With RealNetworks (NASDAQ:RNWK), ViewRight® Web for Android OS extends Real's new HTTP Live for Android with Verimatrix security.
News categories: Verimatrix, RealNetworks, Content Protection, IBC2022, Mobile, Streaming
RealNetworks Updates Helix Media Delivery Platform
Apr 14, 2010 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ:RNWK) has released a new version of its Helix™ Media Delivery Platform with advancements that enable organizations to stream live and on-demand content in any format to any device.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Distribution, Media Player, Streaming
Realtek Announces Digital Media Processor with Hardware HD Decoder
Sep 9, 2009 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced its third generation Digital Media Processor (DMP), the RTD1073, for the consumer electronics market. The RTD1073 provides a hardware decoder for all mainstream HD AV formats.
News categories: Realtek, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
RealNetworks Powers Entertainment Experiences on Netbooks
Jun 2, 2009 – RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) has entered licensing agreements with OS vendors Canonical, Xandros, Phoenix Technologies and DeviceVM to license RealPlayer for Mobile Devices for use in Linux OSs and Instant-On OSs for Windows-based Netbooks.
News categories: RealNetworks, Media Player, Streaming
RealNetworks Introduces RealDVD
Sep 8, 2008 – RealNetworks® has unveiled RealDVD™, a PC application allowing consumers to save their DVDs to their hard drive. RealDVD is licensed DVD software that saves a secure copy of a DVD to the hard drive without removing or altering the CSS encryption.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, Streaming
Widevine® Connects Cable, Telco and Satellite Services to Apple, Adobe and RealNetworks Players
Jun 16, 2008 – Widevine has announced an enhancement to Widevine Cypher® that converts MPEG2 TS (transport streams) on a PC so they are recognizable by Adobe (Nasdaq: ADBE) Flash, Apple (Nasdaq: APPL) QuickTime and RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) RealPlayer.
News categories: Widevine, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Watermarking
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania