Digital TV News: RealNetworks
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Verimatrix Demonstrates Momentum in Connected TV Devices and OTT Services at IP&TV World Forum 2011
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be showcasing its broadening ecosystem support for connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) premium video services at the IP&TV World Forum, through widespread integration of ViewRight® security clients at its booth.
News categories: Verimatrix, Video Exchange
Verimatrix Enables Secure Mobile Video Services on Android Devices Using New HTTP Live Client From RealNetworks
Sep 10, 2010 – Verimatrix has introduced a security client that supports playback of HTTP Live Streaming content on Android devices. With RealNetworks (NASDAQ:RNWK), ViewRight® Web for Android OS extends Real's new HTTP Live for Android with Verimatrix security.
News categories: Verimatrix, RealNetworks, Content Protection, IBC2022, Mobile, Streaming
RealNetworks Updates Helix Media Delivery Platform
Apr 14, 2010 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ:RNWK) has released a new version of its Helix™ Media Delivery Platform with advancements that enable organizations to stream live and on-demand content in any format to any device.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Distribution, Media Player, Streaming
Realtek Announces Digital Media Processor with Hardware HD Decoder
Sep 9, 2009 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced its third generation Digital Media Processor (DMP), the RTD1073, for the consumer electronics market. The RTD1073 provides a hardware decoder for all mainstream HD AV formats.
News categories: Realtek, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
RealNetworks Powers Entertainment Experiences on Netbooks
Jun 2, 2009 – RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) has entered licensing agreements with OS vendors Canonical, Xandros, Phoenix Technologies and DeviceVM to license RealPlayer for Mobile Devices for use in Linux OSs and Instant-On OSs for Windows-based Netbooks.
News categories: RealNetworks, Media Player, Streaming
RealNetworks Introduces RealDVD
Sep 8, 2008 – RealNetworks® has unveiled RealDVD™, a PC application allowing consumers to save their DVDs to their hard drive. RealDVD is licensed DVD software that saves a secure copy of a DVD to the hard drive without removing or altering the CSS encryption.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, Streaming
Widevine® Connects Cable, Telco and Satellite Services to Apple, Adobe and RealNetworks Players
Jun 16, 2008 – Widevine has announced an enhancement to Widevine Cypher® that converts MPEG2 TS (transport streams) on a PC so they are recognizable by Adobe (Nasdaq: ADBE) Flash, Apple (Nasdaq: APPL) QuickTime and RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) RealPlayer.
News categories: Widevine, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Watermarking
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange