Digital TV News: RealNetworks
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Verimatrix Demonstrates Momentum in Connected TV Devices and OTT Services at IP&TV World Forum 2011
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be showcasing its broadening ecosystem support for connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) premium video services at the IP&TV World Forum, through widespread integration of ViewRight® security clients at its booth.
News categories: Verimatrix, Video Exchange
Verimatrix Enables Secure Mobile Video Services on Android Devices Using New HTTP Live Client From RealNetworks
Sep 10, 2010 – Verimatrix has introduced a security client that supports playback of HTTP Live Streaming content on Android devices. With RealNetworks (NASDAQ:RNWK), ViewRight® Web for Android OS extends Real's new HTTP Live for Android with Verimatrix security.
News categories: Verimatrix, RealNetworks, Content Protection, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT
RealNetworks Updates Helix Media Delivery Platform
Apr 14, 2010 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ:RNWK) has released a new version of its Helix™ Media Delivery Platform with advancements that enable organizations to stream live and on-demand content in any format to any device.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Distribution, Media Player, OTT
Realtek Announces Digital Media Processor with Hardware HD Decoder
Sep 9, 2009 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced its third generation Digital Media Processor (DMP), the RTD1073, for the consumer electronics market. The RTD1073 provides a hardware decoder for all mainstream HD AV formats.
News categories: Realtek, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
RealNetworks Powers Entertainment Experiences on Netbooks
Jun 2, 2009 – RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) has entered licensing agreements with OS vendors Canonical, Xandros, Phoenix Technologies and DeviceVM to license RealPlayer for Mobile Devices for use in Linux OSs and Instant-On OSs for Windows-based Netbooks.
News categories: RealNetworks, Media Player, OTT
RealNetworks Introduces RealDVD
Sep 8, 2008 – RealNetworks® has unveiled RealDVD™, a PC application allowing consumers to save their DVDs to their hard drive. RealDVD is licensed DVD software that saves a secure copy of a DVD to the hard drive without removing or altering the CSS encryption.
News categories: RealNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, OTT
Widevine® Connects Cable, Telco and Satellite Services to Apple, Adobe and RealNetworks Players
Jun 16, 2008 – Widevine has announced an enhancement to Widevine Cypher® that converts MPEG2 TS (transport streams) on a PC so they are recognizable by Adobe (Nasdaq: ADBE) Flash, Apple (Nasdaq: APPL) QuickTime and RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) RealPlayer.
News categories: Widevine, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Watermarking
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs