Digital TV News: Rogers
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2022 – Since the Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement (CEEVA) for Set-Top Boxes launched in 2017, the average energy consumption of new STBs has dropped by 58%, from 116.2 kWh/yr to 48.5 kWh/yr, according to a report.
News categories: CEEVA, NRCan, Fahd Aman, Drew Leyburne, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Friend MTS receives investment from private equity firm NorthEdge
Sep 6, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced a significant investment by private equity firm NorthEdge. The investment will enable Friend MTS to expand its portfolio of video content security SaaS solutions and deliver technology to its core markets of sports and media.
News categories: Friend MTS, NorthEdge, Jonathan Friend, Jon Pickering, Content Protection, Digital TV, Private Equity, Worldwide
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
Smart deploys Firstlight Media cloud native OTT platform
Apr 11, 2022 – Smart Communications has deployed Firstlight Media's cloud native OTT platform for its video experience in the Philippines. The solution offers the elasticity and scalability of the cloud with in-country service delivery.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Smart Communications, André Christensen, Alfredo S. Panlilio, Arvin L. Siena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
CRTC approves Rogers' acquisition of Shaw's broadcasting services
Mar 24, 2022 – The CRTC has approved Rogers' acquisition of Shaw's broadcasting services, subject to a number of conditions and modifications. The acquisition includes 16 cable services in Western Canada and a national satellite TV service.
News categories: CRTC, Rogers, Shaw, Ian Scott, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
Deltatre adds new sport-related functionality to its UX suite
Oct 5, 2021 – Deltatre has announced the development of a new suite of sport-focussed features and functionality within its UX management tool, AXIS, to support leagues, teams and federations.
News categories: Deltatre, Gilles Mas, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sportsnet, Firstlight Media and Deltatre relaunch SN NOW
Aug 5, 2021 – Sportsnet has partnered with Deltatre and Firstlight Media to relaunch sports streaming service, SN NOW, with next generation OTT features and a refreshed UI, on the Firstlight Media platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Deltatre, Sportsnet, Rogers Sports & Media, Microsoft, Andre Christensen, Alex Drosin, Bart Yabsley, Alfredo Tan, Kevin Peesker, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues