Digital TV News: Rovi
Federal Circuit affirms ITC import ban on Comcast X1 STBs
Mar 2, 2020 – The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has ruled in favor of TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) in its dispute with Comcast. The court affirmed the ITC's jurisdiction and their decision to ban the importation of Comcast STBs infringing Rovi patents.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
TiVo to separate Product and IP Licensing businesses
May 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has approved a plan to separate its Product and IP Licensing businesses. TiVo intends to spin out its Product business to shareholders and the company will continue to be open to strategic transactions for each business.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Raghu Rau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
TiVo signs metadata deal with Minerva Networks
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Minerva Networks has signed an IP license renewal and metadata deal to use TiVo as the primary metadata provider for their new cloud service delivery platform, Minerva YourTV Now.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Minerva Networks, Arvin Patel, Sarah Gaeta, Big Data, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TiVo signs IP license deal with Roku
Apr 12, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has signed an IP license agreement with Roku. Additionally, the deal includes an option for Roku to access TiVo’s entertainment metadata and other TiVo products.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Roku, Samir Armaly, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
China VR market set for 4-fold expansion in 2017
Jan 24, 2017 – China's VR industry is expected to expand more than 4-fold in 2017 as more major players enter the industry and new and exciting content drives growth, IDC forecasts.
News categories: IDC, China, Market Research, VR
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KDDI adopts Rovi G-Guide HTML for Android TV box
Jun 23, 2016 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that KDDI has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to enable entertainment discovery on its new Android TV based IPTV set-top box (STB). This is the first product to adopt Rovi G-Guide HTML for IPTV.
News categories: Rovi Corp, KDDI, Michael Hawkey, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Japan, Set Top Box
Rovi and Revista Eletrônica to provide metadata for Brazil
Jun 15, 2016 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that it has formed a strategic alliance with Brazilian metadata provider, Revista Eletrônica, to offer an advanced metadata solution targeted at pay-TV and entertainment content providers.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Revista Eletrônica, Kathy Weidman, Carlos Lorenz, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil