Digital TV News: SES S.A
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
SES increases reach to 366 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 5, 2022 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers almost 8,400 TV channels to a total of 366 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of five million homes over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Deepak Mathur, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Canal+ expands ground services partnership with SES
Mar 17, 2022 – SES and CANAL+ have expanded their partnership with an agreement for uplink services for CANAL+'s French Pay-TV channel bouquet at 19.2° East. The agreement includes services delivered from two teleports, in Luxembourg, and, starting in 2023, Munich.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SES launches HD+ IP streaming service in Germany
Nov 9, 2021 – SES has announced HD+ IP, an internet-based streaming service in Germany that provides access to 50 HD channels, and libraries with more content, without needing to have a satellite, cable or DVB-T2 TV connection.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming
Dish México selects SES's Online Video Platform for OTT
Nov 3, 2021 – SES has announced that Dish Mexico has selected its Online Video Platform (OVP) for OTT content delivery. Additionally, Dish Mexico has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity on QuetzSat-1.
News categories: SES S.A, Dish México, Steve Collar, Roger Quintin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Streaming
Sirius TV partners with SES for DTH bouquet launch in Malaysia
Oct 5, 2021 – Sirius TV has signed a contract with SES for distribution of a bouquet of satellite TV channels in Malaysia. The Sirius Basic package launches with 13 initial channels, five of which are in HD.
News categories: SES S.A, Sirius TV, Deepak Mathur, Khairuddin Abdul Rahman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite