Digital TV News: SES S.A
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
SES increases reach to 366 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 5, 2022 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers almost 8,400 TV channels to a total of 366 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of five million homes over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Deepak Mathur, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Canal+ expands ground services partnership with SES
Mar 17, 2022 – SES and CANAL+ have expanded their partnership with an agreement for uplink services for CANAL+'s French Pay-TV channel bouquet at 19.2° East. The agreement includes services delivered from two teleports, in Luxembourg, and, starting in 2023, Munich.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SES launches HD+ IP streaming service in Germany
Nov 9, 2021 – SES has announced HD+ IP, an internet-based streaming service in Germany that provides access to 50 HD channels, and libraries with more content, without needing to have a satellite, cable or DVB-T2 TV connection.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming
Dish México selects SES's Online Video Platform for OTT
Nov 3, 2021 – SES has announced that Dish Mexico has selected its Online Video Platform (OVP) for OTT content delivery. Additionally, Dish Mexico has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity on QuetzSat-1.
News categories: SES S.A, Dish México, Steve Collar, Roger Quintin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Streaming
Sirius TV partners with SES for DTH bouquet launch in Malaysia
Oct 5, 2021 – Sirius TV has signed a contract with SES for distribution of a bouquet of satellite TV channels in Malaysia. The Sirius Basic package launches with 13 initial channels, five of which are in HD.
News categories: SES S.A, Sirius TV, Deepak Mathur, Khairuddin Abdul Rahman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022