Digital TV News: SES S.A
SES reaches 369 million homes worldwide
May 10, 2023 – SES has announced results from its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers over 8,000 channels to 369 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of three million over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES secures €75m of German video contract extensions
Apr 13, 2023 – SES has signed multi-year capacity agreements with multiple broadcasters, enabling millions of satellite TV households across Germany to continue watching SD and HD content.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
SES selects NOVELSAT BISS-CA content protection for sports events
Apr 4, 2023 – NOVELSAT has announced that SES has chosen NOVELSAT Ncrypt, its BISS-CA content protection solution, to ensure secure transmission of major global sports events content.
News categories: NOVELSAT, SES S.A, Gary Drutin, Michele Gosetti, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
Mar 29, 2023 – SES has confirmed that it has engaged in discussions regarding a possible combination with Intelsat. At this stage, there can be no certainty that a transaction will materialise.
News categories: SES S.A., Intelsat, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Worldwide
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
SES increases reach to 366 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 5, 2022 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers almost 8,400 TV channels to a total of 366 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of five million homes over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Deepak Mathur, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics