Digital TV News: SES S.A.
SES reaches 369 million homes worldwide
May 10, 2023 – SES has announced results from its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers over 8,000 channels to 369 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of three million over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES secures €75m of German video contract extensions
Apr 13, 2023 – SES has signed multi-year capacity agreements with multiple broadcasters, enabling millions of satellite TV households across Germany to continue watching SD and HD content.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
SES selects NOVELSAT BISS-CA content protection for sports events
Apr 4, 2023 – NOVELSAT has announced that SES has chosen NOVELSAT Ncrypt, its BISS-CA content protection solution, to ensure secure transmission of major global sports events content.
News categories: NOVELSAT, SES S.A, Gary Drutin, Michele Gosetti, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
Mar 29, 2023 – SES has confirmed that it has engaged in discussions regarding a possible combination with Intelsat. At this stage, there can be no certainty that a transaction will materialise.
News categories: SES S.A., Intelsat, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Worldwide
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Sky UK expands satellite capacity agreement with SES
May 3, 2022 – Audiences across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland will continue to enjoy their favourite premium content via Sky UK, as the pay-TV operator has extended multiple transponder contracts with SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky UK, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
SES increases reach to 366 million TV homes worldwide
Apr 5, 2022 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers almost 8,400 TV channels to a total of 366 million TV homes worldwide, an increase of five million homes over the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Deepak Mathur, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set