Digital TV News: Service Electric
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the quarter to December 31, 2019. The company had Residential Video RGU net losses of -44k in Q4 2019. Altice USA also announced that it is to acquire Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Subscribers, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Feb 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Service Electric Cablevision, serving internet, TV, phone residential and commercial services to Pennsylvania, has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, Scott Young, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Service Electric Cable TV selects TiVo Gateway DVR solution
Aug 2, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) and Service Electric Cable TV, serving eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey, have announced that the companies will bring entertainment to Service Electric customers using the latest TiVo Gateway DVR solution.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, John M. Walson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Six more cable operators join SES Ultra HD trials
Feb 28, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that six more U.S. cable operators have joined its Ultra HD trials, while some of the first cable providers to participate are nearing the historic launch of consumer Ultra HD packages across the country.
News categories: SES S.A, KPU Telecommunications, GVTC, Shrewsbury Community Cable, Steve Corda, Jeff Hendrickson, Dennis Krumblis, Jeffrey Black, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
More US cable operators testing 4K via SES satellites
Nov 9, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that four more US cable operators are testing 4K content delivery across SES’s Ultra HD platform, in advance of subscriber trials set to begin later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) has announced that Service Electric has selected the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with Media Streamer giving Service Electric subscribers the ability to stream live and recorded content throughout the home and on the go.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Service Electric, John M. Walson, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere, USA
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023