Digital TV News: Shaw Communications
Rogers to acquire Shaw in $26 billion transaction
Mar 15, 2021 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have reached an agreement for Rogers to acquire all of Shaw’s issued and outstanding Class A and Class B shares in a transaction valued at around $26 billion.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, Joe Natale, Edward Rogers, Brad Shaw, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
YouTube now streaming on Shaw BlueSky TV
Jun 5, 2018 – Shaw Communications has announced the integration of the YouTube and YouTube Kids apps into its BlueSky TV platform. BlueSky TV subscribers can now enjoy YouTube’s entire library of content without needing to change inputs or remotes.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Chris Kucharski, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Shaw makes binge-watching easier than ever with Netflix on BlueSky TV
Sep 14, 2017 – Shaw Communications and Netflix have announced the launch of Netflix on BlueSky TV, bringing Western Canadians a way to binge-watch their favourite shows and movies. Customers who subscribe to Shaw BlueSky TV, Shaw WideOpen Internet 150 and Netflix can watch shows and movies through one integrated platform.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Netflix, Chris Kucharski, Netflix, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Shaw makes BlueSky TV available across Western Canada
Apr 5, 2017 – Shaw Communications has announced the availability of Shaw BlueSky TV across Western Canada. With its voice-activated remote and easy-to-use guide Shaw BlueSky TV transforms how customers experience television.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Jay Mehr, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Voice-activated Shaw BlueSky TV launches in Vancouver
Feb 1, 2017 – Shaw Communications has announced the launch of Shaw BlueSky TV. Shaw BlueSky TV combines an easy-to-use interface with voice-activated navigation, content recommendations, customized apps, and social media features.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Jay Mehr, Cable TV, Canada, Set Top Box, UX
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Shaw Communications unveils X1-based BlueSky TV
Jan 11, 2017 – Shaw Communications has unveiled Shaw BlueSky TV, a premium television product for Canadians powered by Comcast’s X1 platform. BlueSky TV's voice-controlled remote makes it easier than ever for customers to discover content.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Comcast, Brad Shaw, Jay Mehr, Tony Werner, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
Shaw Communications launches FreeRange TV
Jan 6, 2016 – Shaw Communications has announced the launch of FreeRange TV™, a service that allows viewing of TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere. FreeRange TV™ provides Shaw’s video customers with a mobile destination that combines their TV and content subscriptions in one place.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Brad Shaw, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom