Digital TV News: Sling Media
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
VOXX Automotive and Amazon to bring Fire TV to the Automotive market
Jan 6, 2020 – VOXX Automotive (NASDAQ: VOXX) has announced that in collaboration with Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), it will be developing solutions that will bring Amazon's Fire TV to the automotive market.
News categories: VOXX Automotive, Amazon, Ed Mas, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
Sling Media introduces Slingbox M2
Jul 16, 2015 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the release of the Slingbox M2. With the Slingbox M2 bundle, today's generation has access to their live and recorded home TV content from anywhere on their personal computers, tablets and smartphones without the previous cost-by-device barrier.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Slingbox M1 launches in UK and Europe
May 12, 2015 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the availability of the Slingbox M1, a re-designed Slingbox featuring WiFi connectivity, capable of delivering HD-quality video to the most popular mobile devices in the United Kingdom and Europe.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Digital TV, Europe, Placeshifting, Smart Home, UK
VOXXHirschmann to bring Slingplayer in-vehicle
Nov 11, 2014 – VOXXHirschmann has formed a partnership with Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) that allows VOXXHirschmann to integrate a customized vehicle specific version of the Slingplayer app into its rear-seat entertainment and vehicle connectivity products.
News categories: Sling Media, VOXX International, Michael Hawkey, Pat Lavelle, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, North America, Placeshifting
Sling Media and ViXS team on Network Transcoder for MSOs and MVPDs
Oct 15, 2014 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) and ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) have announced their collaboration on Sling Media's new network transcoder, a plug-and-play, stand-alone Slingbox targeted at MSOs and MVPDs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Sally Daub, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) has announced that Service Electric has selected the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with Media Streamer giving Service Electric subscribers the ability to stream live and recorded content throughout the home and on the go.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Service Electric, John M. Walson, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere, USA
Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that South Carolina's Comporium will sell its ARRIS MS4000 under the name 'Moxi Sling'. The box enables subscribers to access live and recorded Comporium content both inside and outside the home.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Comporium, Matthew Dosch, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, TV Everywhere, USA
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021