Digital TV News: SmarDTV Global
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
SmarDTV TV-Stick completes CI Plus 2.0 certification
Dec 9, 2021 – SmarDTV Technology has announced that its latest USB 2.0 based Conditional Access Module (CAM) product - the TV-Stick - has successfully passed CI Plus 2.0 certification. CI Plus 2.0 is the natural successor to the PCMCIA CAM.
News categories: SmarDTV, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
Nov 24, 2021 – Kineton and SmarDTV Global have demonstrated, during the 9th HbbTV Symposium, a Smart TV combined with an HbbTV OpApp. The installation of the HbbTV OpApp is automatically launched by a CAM, with the OpApp fully operator branded.
News categories: SmarDTV, Kineton, Erik Gazzoni, Giuseppe Aprea, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
SmarDTV partners with tivù to launch CI-based TV-Stick
Nov 17, 2020 – SmarDTV Global has unveiled its latest device - the TV-Stick. The TV-Stick, based on DVB-CI Plus 2.0., integrates NAGRA content protection and is able to descramble live channels from tivù, the Italian satellite operator.
News categories: SmarDTV Global, NAGRA, tivù, Erik Gazzoni, Thierry Legrand, Fabrizio Lega, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
Oct 22, 2019 – Wyplay and SmarDTV Global have joined forces to build a range of ready-to-deploy Android TV platforms. The platforms include STBs pre-integrated with TV middleware and Operator Tier Custom Launcher as well as a range of back-end software components.
News categories: Wyplay, SmarDTV, Dominique Feral, Guillaume Reillon, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SmarDTV collaborates with Synamedia on secure STB IP dongles
Sep 12, 2019 – SmarDTV Global has announced a collaboration with Synamedia that makes it easy for operators with a large installed base of STBs to add IP multi-screen services. Modular STB IP dongles give pay-TV operators a low-cost way to quickly launch OTT and UHD services.
News categories: SmarDTV, Synamedia, Guillaume Reillon, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SmarDTV provides USB CAMs for Eurofins' CI Plus 2.0 test tool
Sep 5, 2019 – SmarDTV Global has announced that it is distributing modules to Eurofins Digital Testing for their new CI Plus 2.0 test tool, automating IDTV and set-top-box testing. CI Plus 2.0 uses USB, moving away from the old PC Card (PCMCIA) standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Eurofins, Lionel Boissier, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV offers NAGRA NexGuard watermarking for CI Plus modules
Sep 3, 2019 – SmarDTV Global, in collaboration with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), has announced a watermarking solution available on Conditional Access Modules (CAM). The combined solution provides the highest degree of assurance to content owners.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Hervé Mathieu, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2023, Watermarking, Worldwide
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
May 16, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies (ARRIS, Irdeto, DATV, Enensys, Fluendo, Samba TV and SmarDTV) have joined the industry association in the past six months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data