Digital TV News: Sun Micro
AltoBeam Closed Series C Funding with USVP and Long-Term Investors
Dec 12, 2010 – AltoBeam has announced that it has successfully closed a 6 million US dollars round of Series C funding, led by US Venture Partners (USVP).
News categories: AltoBeam, US Venture Partners, MandA, Semiconductor
CableLabs® Providing Software Resources to Grow Tru2way® and ETV Ecosystem and Streamline Interoperability Testing
Sep 22, 2009 – CableLabs® has put several programs in place to support device manufacturers and application developers, important stakeholders within the growing tru2way® and Enhanced TV (ETV) communities.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Amino Selects Sun's JavaFX TV to enable IPTV Applications
Sep 8, 2009 – Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) has announced that Amino Communications (LSE: AMO) plans to offer the JavaFX™ TV platform in their next generation IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) to help enable the creation of rich and expressive interactive content.
News categories: Sun Micro, Amino, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
enableTV Offers Support Program for CableLabs® tru2way™ Reference Implementation
Jun 25, 2009 – enableTV has announced the launch of its tru2way Reference Implementation Support Program for licensees of CableLabs tru2way Reference Implementation (RI) - the sole source of full technical support for CableLabs open source tru2way middleware.
News categories: enableTV, Cable TV, Middleware
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
On2 Technologies Unveils New Advanced Video Compression Format
Sep 13, 2008 – On2 (Amex: ONT) has announced the launch of its latest video compression format, On2 VP8. This eighth generation of On2 video is the perfect solution for delivering higher quality video using less data and requiring less system resource for playback.
News categories: On2, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Ericsson launches new IMS IPTV middleware integrated with leading TV technology providers
Sep 9, 2008 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has extended its TV offering with the world's first IMS integrated IPTV middleware. The company's open, standards based, end-to-end IPTV solution supports ease of integration and delivers vendor choice for operators.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Content Security Chosen for Win Multimedia's WinTV
Jun 17, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced that Win Multimedia, Thailand's leading IPTV Operator and Multimedia Service Provider company, has selected Verimatrix to protect its Digital Television Channels and video-on-demand service of WinTV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Win Multimedia, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
DigiSoft announces General Availability of a Java Platform Micro Edition Client Solution for IPTV
Apr 11, 2008 – DigiSoft.tv has announced the signature of a global Binary Value Added Partner agreement with Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) for the distribution of a Java Platform Micro Edition (Java ME) based software stack for IPTV Set Top Boxes (STB's).
News categories: DigiSoft.tv, Sun Microsystems, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand