Digital TV News: Switch Media
Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
May 10, 2021 – Switch Media has announced that it has won the contract with Solomon Telekom (STCL) to provide an online streaming service for its free-to-air television network, Telekom Television (TTV).
News categories: Switch Media, Telekom Television, Luke Durham, Robertson Szetu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Melanesia, OTT
Switch Media provides technology for Freeview Australia HbbTV service
Apr 29, 2021 – Switch Media has announced that it has delivered Freeview Australia's new integrated HbbTV service. The new gateway provides viewers with a sophisticated and seamless integration between broadcast and VOD services.
News categories: Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Matt Moran, Bridget Fair, Apps, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
Mar 25, 2020 – Switch Media has announced that its server-side ad insertion (SSAI) technology has been integrated with SpringServe’s ad platform to provide value-added services to OTT providers.
News categories: Switch Media, SpringServe, Luke Durham, Josh Cohen, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
Oct 16, 2019 – Switch Media has announced the launch of MediaHQ Lite, an end-to-end OTT platform that provides a comprehensive feature set at a cost-effective price point allowing an OTT service to be delivered swiftly.
News categories: Switch Media, Luke Durham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
SpotX and Switch Media partner to personalise OTT ads
Apr 3, 2018 – SpotX has announced a compatibility with Switch Media, one of the world’s leading cloud-based streaming companies, to power server-side ad insertion (SSAI) for personalised advertising across live, sports, events and video on demand (VOD).
News categories: SpotX, Switch Media, Christopher Blok, Mark Wilson, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development