Digital TV News: TCL
Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
Mar 21, 2023 – IDC has lowered its forecast for AR/VR headset shipments in 2023. Despite the revision, total shipments are expected to grow 14% in 2023 and accelerate over the 2023-2027 period with a five-year CAGR of 32.6%.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
TCL ranked global top 2 TV brand by Omdia
Feb 22, 2023 – TCL has announced its latest ranking of Global Top 2 TV Brand according to OMDIA's Global TV sets report 2022. The data also suggests that TCL remained No.1 in global 98-inch TV market share.
News categories: TCL, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense ranks no. 2 globally for TV shipments in 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Data from Omdia shows that, for the full year 2022, global shipments of Hisense TVs hit a yearly total of 24.5 million, ranking Hisense no. 2 overall in the market, with a year-on-year growth of 16.1%.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Demand recovery in LCD TV panel orders is around the corner
Feb 14, 2023 – The long-awaited demand recovery in LCD TV panel orders from Korean and Chinese TV makers is around the corner according to Omdia. Omdia expects a strong rebound of 19% YoY in 2Q23 with shipments up 8% at 161.4 million units for the year.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samba TV and TCL to jointly develop AI solutions for Smart TVs
Jan 5, 2023 – Samba TV has entered into an R&D venture with TCL for the development and deployment of AI and content analytics on TCL TVs, making features of Samba AI, a suite of AI and ML technologies available worldwide.
News categories: Samba TV, TCL, Ashwin Navin, Shaoyong Zhang, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
Global TV shipments in 2022 to drop by 3.9% YoY
Dec 21, 2022 – TrendForce estimates that global TV shipments in 2H22 will reach 109 million units, a YoY decline of 2.7%. For the whole of 2022 shipments are projected to total 202 million units, down 3.9% YoY.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
Dec 2, 2022 – India’s smart TV shipments grew 38% YoY in Q3 2022, according to Counterpoint. The growth was primarily driven by festive season supplies for meeting the strong pent-up demand, multiple new launches, discount events, and promotions.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV