Digital TV News: TV4
Alchimie rolls out TVPlayer US with 30+ channels
Mar 29, 2021 – Alchimie (Paris:ALCHI) has launched its American TVPlayer service, an on-demand service offering US viewers over 30 linear and on demand channels. TV Player US complements Alchimie's European TVPlayer platforms.
News categories: Alchimie, Nicolas d’Hueppe, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Azuri offers solar-powered TV and DStv STB package in Kenya
Mar 24, 2021 – Azuri Technologies and MultiChoice have partnered to bring DStv content to off-grid households in Kenya. The deal bundles Azuri's TV400 32" solar powered TV and household energy solution, with a DStv HD decoder.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, MultiChoice, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Nancy Matimu, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telia pay TV down 9k, SVOD up 142k subscribers in 4Q 2020
Jan 29, 2021 – Telia Company has released its year-end report for the period January-December 2020. Pay TV subscriptions were down 9,000 in the final quarter (up 28,000 for the year). At the same time TV and Media added 142,000 SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Telia, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Azuri announces 'always on' PAYG solar TV for Kenya
Nov 4, 2020 – Azuri Technologies has announced its latest generation of PayGo solar powered TV, the TV400. The product combines a solar power system with a 32" TV, allowing all day viewing as well as for at least 10 hours at night.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Smart TV
Streaming in Sweden hits new record in second quarter
Aug 31, 2020 – Streaming in Sweden rose to record levels in the second quarter. Daily reach i.e. the number of people that view streamed content an average day, has never been higher. During the quarter, close to 70% of all 15-74-year-olds consumed streamed video content daily.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
May 27, 2020 – In newly released analysis, Mediavision concludes that Nordic households now spend on average EUR 149 per month on media and access services. Operators such as Telia, Telenor and TDC account for a majority of that spend.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
Oct 21, 2019 – egta, supported by The Global TV Group, has released a TV Charter defining television companies’ commitment towards the responsible and transparent measurement of advertising in the TV/video ecosystem.
News categories: egta, The Global TV Group, Malin Häger, Jamie West, Lindsey Clay, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
Jul 12, 2019 – Over 100 CEO’s and senior executives from surveyed egta members expect growth in ad spend for both Total Video and Total Audio in the next three years. An exclusive survey carried out by egta sheds light on the continued transformation the advertising industry is expecting.
News categories: egta, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
EU opens competition investigation into Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting
May 10, 2019 – The European Commission has opened an investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting by Telia Company. The Commission is concerned that the merged entity may shut out competitors from the audio-visual sector in Finland and Sweden.
News categories: European Commission, Telia Company, Bonnier Broadcasting, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Regulation, Sweden
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom