Digital TV News: TeamCast
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
Dec 12, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected TestTree’s ReFeree 3 to test their NEXTGEN TV/ATSC 3.0 distribution. Edge Networks received approval from the FCC on July 18, 2019 to launch two ATSC 3.0 stations in the Boise, Idaho market.
News categories: TestTree, Edge Networks, Jean-Pierre Thomas, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
ENENSYS provides gateway and modulator for Australia DVB-T2 trial
Jul 1, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Free TV, TX Australia and Broadcast Australia used its gateway and modulator for trials of DVB-T2 in Australia. The trial assessed the performance of DVB-T2 transmission in both MFN and SFN configurations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Free TV, TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, Colin Prior, Roger Bunch, Michael Ryder, Stephen Farrugia, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Convergence TV shows first SHVC-based HD/UHD hybrid delivery at NAB 2018
Apr 4, 2018 – At NAB, the Convergence TV project will show the delivery of a full UHDTV service using ATSC 3.0 broadcast to distribute a regular HD service and ATSC 3.0 broadband to enhance the service from HD to UHDTV. Thanks to the use of scalable HEVC (SHVC) for compression, no simulcasting will be needed.
News categories: Convergence TV Project, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
ENENSYS announces exclusive negotiations to acquire TeamCast
Apr 24, 2017 – ENENSYS has announced that it is in exclusive negotiations to acquire TeamCast. The group will provide an extensive product and software range across Video Delivery Infrastructure, especially in ATSC3.0.
News categories: ENENSYS, TeamCast, Regis LE ROUX, Jean-Luc PAVY, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, MnA, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Comark transmitter and TeamCast exciter for Cleveland ATSC 3.0 trials
Apr 5, 2017 – TeamCast and Comark have announced that the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) & the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have selected their products for ATSC 3.0 field testing in Cleveland, OH (USA).
News categories: TeamCast, Comark, Eric Pinson, Dick Fiore, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
TeamCast supports VTC's transmitter upgrade to DVB-T2 in Vietnam
Mar 21, 2017 – TeamCast has announced that it is contributing to the migration of DTT from DVB-T to DVB-T2 in Vietnam. Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) has selected TeamCast's DVB-T/T2 TWISTER exciters.
News categories: TeamCast, VTC, Eric Pinson, Do Hoang Kien, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Samsung and partners demonstrate live UHD HDR TV via ATSC 3.0 at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – At CES 2016, Samsung, Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Pearl TV and TeamCast are demonstrating the broadcast and receiving capabilities of ATSC 3.0. The demonstration includes reception of Ultra HD HDR 4K content in a live transmission originating from a local broadcast TV station.
News categories: Samsung, Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Pearl TV, TeamCast, John Godfrey, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, Anne Schelle, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 UHD with HDR exhibited in Las Vegas
Dec 3, 2015 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has invited a delegation of South Korean broadcast industry experts to witness the first end-to-end transmission of UHD High Dynamic Range (HDR) Scalable High Efficiency Video (SHVC) encoded content using the proposed ATSC 3.0 transmission standard.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, CES2021, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico