Digital TV News: Teleclub
Swisscom TV upgrades UX with WLAN-Box and Entertainment OS3
Nov 15, 2017 – Swisscom TV has launched a new user interface for personal entertainment. The new versatile WLAN-Box closes gaps in reception and cuts back on wire, while Swisscom’s Internet Guard improves the protection of customer devices from the dangers on the Internet.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Switzerland
Swisscom launches UHD TV box
Apr 13, 2016 – Football fans are counting down the days to the start of the 2016 European Championships. Swisscom TV customers now have even more to look forward to. A new TV box will enable them to watch individual games in ultra-high definition (UHD) quality on SRF zwei for the very first time.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Swisscom launches Teleclub Play video flat rate service
Dec 2, 2014 – In Teleclub Play, Swisscom is offering a video service with several thousand hours of television series, classic films, children’s programmes, documentaries and sports programmes for Swisscom TV 2.0 customers for CHF 12.90 per month.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
Swisscom deploys 802.11ac Android IPTV set-top powered by Marvell silicon
Apr 8, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its partnership with Swisscom to introduce the industry's first 802.11ac Android IPTV set-top box powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus (88DE3108) system-on-chip (SoC) platform.
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Volker Dietzel, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
Cloud-based Swisscom TV 2.0 launches
Apr 3, 2014 – Swisscom TV 2.0 offers seven-day replay on over 250 channels. The new recording function also gives viewers greater freedom: thanks to a cloud-based solution, customers can now record any number of programmes in parallel.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
One million customers for Swisscom TV
Jan 6, 2014 – The number of customers watching Swisscom TV has surpassed the one million mark, thanks to record growth of over 200,000 new customers in the last twelve months.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, Switzerland
Teleclub selects NDS VideoGuard technology for CI+ modules
Jun 11, 2012 – NDS has announced that Switzerland's Teleclub is introducing Common Interface Plus (CI+) modules based on the NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) system, plus HD DVR functionality with the addition of an approved external hard drive.
News categories: NDS Group, Teleclub, ANGA COM, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Smart TV, Switzerland
3D content launches on Swisscom TV
May 27, 2010 – Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) has announced that Swisscom TV plus customers with a 3D television set can now receive 3D broadcasts at no additional cost. Fans of HD will not be disappointed either as the range of HD channels is to be expanded from 1 June.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland, VR
Swisscom to discontinue DVB-H mobile TV service
Mar 23, 2010 – Roughly 80 days before the World Cup, Swisscom TV air is bringing TV to your mobile and computer. Following the launch of the new TV offering, Swisscom will be discontinuing its DVB-H service for residential customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Switzerland
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers