Digital TV News: Telesat
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
M7 Group chooses NEOTION CAMs for DTH
Jun 9, 2015 – NEOTION has announces that European Pay TV Operator, M7 Group, has selected Conditional Access Modules from NEOTION to deploy its services on the Canal Digitaal (NL), TV Vlaanderen (B), Télésat (B) and HD Austria (A) platforms.
News categories: NEOTION, M7 Group, Gregory Wieczorek, Ron Paans, ANGA COM, Austria, Belgium, CAM, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
M7 Group chooses Viaccess-Orca CA for European DTH
Sep 10, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that European satellite services provider M7 Group has selected a content protection solution from Viaccess-Orca to support its next generation DTH offering.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, M7 Group, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Marco Visser, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Middleware, Netherlands, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
AustriaSat DTH launches in Hungary with Eutelsat
Mar 20, 2014 – M7 has selected Eutelsat’s (Paris:ETL) 9° East neighbourhood to support the launch in Hungary of AustriaSat Magyarország by its subsidiary, M70 Group.
News categories: Eutelsat, M7 Group, AustriaSat, Jaromír Glisník, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
SES continues to grow its household reach in Benelux
May 27, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has further increased its household reach in the Benelux countries in 2012 to over 1.2 million homes. With a 19 percent increase compared to the previous year, Belgium topped the Benelux growth in ASTRA satellite homes.
News categories: SES S.A, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers
SmarDTV provides SmarCAM-3.5 conditional access modules for M7 Group pay TV in the Netherlands and Belgium
Mar 12, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that M7 Group, the European provider of satellite services which operates CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen and TéléSAT brands amongst others, has deployed its latest generation of conditional access modules (CAM) in its network in the Netherlands and Belgium.
News categories: SmarDTV, M7 Group, Belgium, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES grows its 23.5 degrees East reach in Benelux by 20 percent
Apr 18, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced that the technical reach of its ASTRA Satellite System in the Benelux markets from the 23.5 degrees East orbital position has increased by more than 140,000 households to 870,000, an annual growth of 20%.
News categories: SES S.A., Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite
More challenging environment ahead for the satellite communications sector
Aug 11, 2011 – Euroconsult has announced that the market reached new revenue highs once again. According to Euroconsult, the fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand (+4.4%) and revenue, which reached $10.8 billion in 2010.
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server