Digital TV News: Telesat
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
M7 Group chooses NEOTION CAMs for DTH
Jun 9, 2015 – NEOTION has announces that European Pay TV Operator, M7 Group, has selected Conditional Access Modules from NEOTION to deploy its services on the Canal Digitaal (NL), TV Vlaanderen (B), Télésat (B) and HD Austria (A) platforms.
News categories: NEOTION, M7 Group, Gregory Wieczorek, Ron Paans, ANGA COM, Austria, Belgium, CAM, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
M7 Group chooses Viaccess-Orca CA for European DTH
Sep 10, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that European satellite services provider M7 Group has selected a content protection solution from Viaccess-Orca to support its next generation DTH offering.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, M7 Group, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Marco Visser, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Middleware, Netherlands, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
AustriaSat DTH launches in Hungary with Eutelsat
Mar 20, 2014 – M7 has selected Eutelsat’s (Paris:ETL) 9° East neighbourhood to support the launch in Hungary of AustriaSat Magyarország by its subsidiary, M70 Group.
News categories: Eutelsat, M7 Group, AustriaSat, Jaromír Glisník, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
SES continues to grow its household reach in Benelux
May 27, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has further increased its household reach in the Benelux countries in 2012 to over 1.2 million homes. With a 19 percent increase compared to the previous year, Belgium topped the Benelux growth in ASTRA satellite homes.
News categories: SES S.A, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers
SmarDTV provides SmarCAM-3.5 conditional access modules for M7 Group pay TV in the Netherlands and Belgium
Mar 12, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that M7 Group, the European provider of satellite services which operates CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen and TéléSAT brands amongst others, has deployed its latest generation of conditional access modules (CAM) in its network in the Netherlands and Belgium.
News categories: SmarDTV, M7 Group, Belgium, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES grows its 23.5 degrees East reach in Benelux by 20 percent
Apr 18, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced that the technical reach of its ASTRA Satellite System in the Benelux markets from the 23.5 degrees East orbital position has increased by more than 140,000 households to 870,000, an annual growth of 20%.
News categories: SES S.A., Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite
More challenging environment ahead for the satellite communications sector
Aug 11, 2011 – Euroconsult has announced that the market reached new revenue highs once again. According to Euroconsult, the fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand (+4.4%) and revenue, which reached $10.8 billion in 2010.
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year