Digital TV News: Telmex
Brazil pay TV subscribers continue downward trend
Nov 13, 2015 – According to Brazil’s Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações (Anatel), the country’s pay TV subscriber base ended September 2015 at 19.48 million, with 164 thousand subscribers being lost in the quarter to leave the total only 43 thousand up on one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Polaroid launches ATSC-capable tablets in Mexico
Jun 11, 2014 – Polaroid is providing consumers in Mexico a new way to watch TV on-the-go with their new tablet line. The line marks the first tablets to feature ATSC receivers able to receive digital or HD TV in Mexico.
News categories: Polaroid, One Diamond, Scott W. Hardy, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mexico, Tablet, Terrestrial
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pace interim results for the 6 months ended 30 June 2013
Jul 30, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has released Interim Results for the 6 months ended 30th June 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 51.8% in H1 2013 driven largely by the continuing high demand for Media Servers from both Comcast and DIRECTV.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Gateway, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Colombia adds 440,000 pay TV subscribers in 2012
Mar 1, 2013 – Colombia's Autoridad Nacional de Televisión (ANTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to December 2012. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.87 million at the end of 2011, to 4.31 million at the end of 2012, a year-on-year growth rate of 11.3%.
News categories: ANTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
América Móvil adds 540,000 pay TV subscribers in Brazil in 4Q 2012
Feb 12, 2013 – América Móvil (BMV;NYSE:AMX;NASDAQ:AMOV;LATIBEX:XAMXL) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished the year with 16.4 million Pay TV subscribers, with Brazil, on its own, adding 540,000 in the fourth quarter.
News categories: América Móvil, Brazil, Cable TV, Colombia, Mexico, MMDS, Peru, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Chile's Pay TV subscribers passed 2 million mark in 2011
May 7, 2012 – Chile's Subsecretaría de Telecomunicaciones (Subtel) has releases pay TV statistics for 2011. During the year satellite subscribers increased from 853,000 to 930,000 whereas wired (cable TV and IPTV) subscribers grew from 1.076 million to 1.138 million.
News categories: Subtel, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system