Digital TV News: Tribe
Deutsche Telekom Smart Speaker Mini powered by SoftAtHome
Jun 18, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced that it is powering the Smart Speaker Mini deployed by Deutsche Telekom in Germany. The Smart Speaker enables users to enjoy voice control of all their Deutsche Telekom connected devices.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Deutsche Telekom, David Viret-Lange, Dr. Mirko Knoll, Germany, Middleware, Smart Home
NAGRA and Ampere Analysis identify pay TV consumer types
Nov 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with Ampere Analysis, has released 'Television Tribes,' a study that reveals the new reality of pay-TV consumer viewing types and outlines how operators can unlock new revenue opportunities by catering to their complex needs.
News categories: NAGRA, Ampere Analysis, Ivan Verbesselt, Guy Bisson, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Vimeo helps power two Lionsgate OTT offerings
Sep 6, 2017 – Vimeo has announced that its video technology will help power two of Lionsgate’s over-the-top (OTT) offerings, the Laugh Out Loud comedy service and the Tribeca Shortlist streaming service for movie lovers.
News categories: Vimeo, Lionsgate, Kathleen Barrett, Julie Uhrman, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tribe achieves 1 million downloads in Indonesia and the Philippines
Mar 24, 2017 – Tribe, the Astro Malaysia owned online video streaming service, is celebrating its first anniversary with a new milestone - 1 million downloads across Indonesia and the Philippines, an impressive feat amidst fierce competition in the video OTT space.
News categories: Tribe, Astro Malaysia, Iskandar Samad, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Philippines
NeuLion and Insight TV form Ultra HD entertainment partnership
Dec 22, 2016 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced a partnership with global Ultra HD channel INsight TV, to launch an OTT Ultra HD Entertainment platform with native Ultra HD digital content powered by the NeuLion Digital Platform.
News categories: NeuLion, Insight TV, Roy Reichbach, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Mobile, Software
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results