Digital TV News: VIDAA
Vidaa partners with OTTera to integrate long tail OTT services
Mar 11, 2020 – Hisense and their subsidiary Vidaa have chosen OTTera for onboarding onto the Hisense VIDAA platform. Vidaa will work with OTTera to integrate long tail providers and utilize OTTera's built-in advertising solution.
News categories: OTTera, Vidaa, Stephen L. Hodge, Guy Edri, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense selects Aria Systems' revenue platform for VIDAA Smart TVs
Mar 10, 2020 – Aria Systems has announced that VIDAA International, a subsidiary of Hisense, has selected the company’s cloud billing and monetization platform to support its streaming content platform available on a majority of Hisense, Toshiba and private-label TV models in over 30 countries.
News categories: Aria Systems, VIDAA, Tom Dibble, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Hisense selects SERAPHIC for VIDAA Smart TVs
Aug 29, 2016 – Hisense has chosen SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser to support its web-based VIDAA smart TV platform. The VIDAA platform, launched in 2014, was born out of an initiative to create a 'lean-back' smart TV experience, enabling users to reach content from various sources in a simple way.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Hisense, Ye Wang, Xiaofeng Lin, China, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA2020, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense now world's 4th largest shipper of TVs
Jun 11, 2014 – The number of TV sets shipped globally in Q1 reached 49.7 million, according to DisplaySearch. There was a jump in the number of units shipped by Hisense, bringing the manufacturer's total up to 5.3% of overall units shipped.
News categories: Hisense, DisplaySearch, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense releases Smart TV 2.0
Apr 21, 2014 – Hisense has announced the released of VIDAA2, its latest smart television set. The two main features of the redefined VIDAA2 include new convergence (Juhaokan) and social (Juxiangjia) functionalities.
News categories: Hisense, Zhou Houjian, China, Smart TV
Hisense Launches the World's Fastest Smart TV
Apr 18, 2013 – With the introduction of VIDAA, a stunningly simple, elegant, yet immensely powerful User Interface (UI) for Smart TV, Hisense is providing easy, intuitive operation of advanced Smart TV features and functionality.
News categories: Hisense, Jamdeo, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results