Digital TV News: VIZIO
Over half of U.S. consumers now solely stream content
Nov 16, 2023 – According to Inscape's Q3 2023 TV Market Trends report, in Q3 2023, 94% of total streaming time was driven by viewers who only (64.6%) or mostly (29%) streamed on their smart TVs.
News categories: Inscape, Ken Norcross, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, TV Services, USA
acTVe selects Amagi for FAST channel playout, distribution and monetization
Nov 13, 2023 – Amagi has announced that acTVe has selected the company as its playout, distribution, and monetization partner for five of its premium syndicated sports channels.
News categories: Amagi, acTVe, Srinivasan KA, Geoff Clark, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VIZIO reports Q3 2023 financial results
Nov 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2023. The company reported 17.9 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $31.55, up 14% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO exploring partnerships with other TV OEMs
Nov 9, 2023 – In VIZIO's Q3 2023 results release, the company's CEO said that VIZIO is beginning to explore partnerships with other TV OEMs looking for alternatives within the CTV market.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Bitcentral powers SalemNOW streaming service on VIZIO Smart TVs
Oct 24, 2023 – Bitcentral has announced that the SalemNOW video service is now available on VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) Smart TVs, powered by Bitcentral's ViewNexa end-to-end streaming solution.
News categories: Bitcentral, SalemNOW, VIZIO, Greg Morrow, Robert Ellis, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Nielsen to integrate U.S. ACR data from LG Ad Solutions
Oct 19, 2023 – Nielsen has announced that LG Ad Solutions will provide Nielsen with its ACR data for use in its U.S. TV measurement service, giving Nielsen the largest ACR data footprint in the industry.
News categories: Nielsen, LG Ad Solutions, Ameneh Atai, Alistair Sutcliffe, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
iSpot acquires 605 to expand TV measurement market share
Sep 13, 2023 – iSpot.tv has announced the acquisition of 605, adding set-top box data from 16.6 million homes to its smart TV data footprint, bolstering its measurement solutions for video and TV advertising.
News categories: iSpot, 605, Sean Muller, Kristin Dolan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Beachfront releases part two of CTV Marketplace Insights Report
Aug 30, 2023 – Beachfront has released the second installment of its CTV Marketplace Insights Report, providing insights into the rapidly evolving CTV and OTT advertising landscape.
News categories: Beachfront, Amit Nigam, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification