Digital TV News: Velocix
Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
Dec 7, 2021 – Velocix has announced that it has supported the expansion of Vodafone Deutschland’s GigaTV service with its open audio-video (AV) pipeline software, including its carrier-grade CDN, origin server, and video personalisation platform.
News categories: Velocix, Vodafone, Anthony Berkeley, Wolfgang Zeller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
May 12, 2021 – Velocix has announced a multi-country agreement with Liberty Latin America (LLA) to power the operator's Android TV-based streaming services in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
News categories: Velocix, Liberty Latin America, Anthony Berkeley, Ewam de Freitas, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
Apr 21, 2021 – Velocix has announced that Proximus has scaled its Pickx video service using Velocix CDN technology. Proximus will more than double its HTTP streaming capacity with Velocix’s carrier-grade CDN software.
News categories: Velocix, Proximus, Anthony Berkeley, Thierry Demoor, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Velocix poweres Entel OTT streaming service in Chile
Mar 18, 2021 – Entel is using Velocix’s IP CDN, origin server and video recording management software to support Chile's newest OTT streaming service, which uses the first Android TV Operator Tier Box in the country.
News categories: Velocix, Entel, Anthony Berkeley, Cristian Hofer, Android TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Velocix CDN powers multiscreen services at TELUS
Dec 21, 2020 – Velocix has announced that TELUS is using its CDN software to support its IP-based live and on-demand video services, including Optik TV, Pik TV, and Optik on the Go, as well as its video gaming and data services.
News categories: Velocix, TELUS, David Sharpley, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
Dec 1, 2020 – Velocix has unveiled a SaaS video personalisation service. The solution supports digital and programmatic advertising, alternate content insertion, and content blackout for live, VOD, and time-shifted video.
News categories: Velocix, Jim Brickmeier, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
Jun 1, 2020 – Velocix and TDS Telecom have announced the roll-out of IP video streaming and Cloud DVR services to consumers in central Oregon, completing the first phase of a project to upgrade the entertainment experience available to TDS's 1.2 million connections.
News categories: Velocix, TDS Telecom, David Sharpley, Mark Barber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
Mar 29, 2020 – Velocix has introduced mobile-optimised CDN software targeting 5G video applications. The company uses multi-tier CDN delivery and inter-cache communications technology to reduce traffic demands over mobile backhaul networks by as much as 30%.
News categories: Velocix, Jim Brickmeier, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Nokia and France Télévisions show 8K UHD streaming over 5G
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia and France Télévisions have showcased the results of a proof-of-concept demonstration of the world's first 8K Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV streaming in real conditions over 5G at IBC 2018.
News categories: Nokia, France Télévisions, Marc Rouanne, Bernard Fontaine, 5G, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021