Digital TV News: Vestel
Vestel rolls out Dolby Atmos on 4K TVs for Europe
Jul 14, 2021 – Vestel is set to bring Dolby Atmos to more TVs across Europe. Vestel has now rolled out the immersive audio technology to the majority of Vestel 4K TV ranges. These include 4K TVs designed under Vestel owned license brands.
News categories: Vestel, Dolby, Barış Altınkaya, Javier Foncilias, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel launches Football Corner app for Smart TVs
May 25, 2021 – Vestel has announced that the Football Corner app, designed with TeraVolt, is now available on all Vestel-manufactured Smart TVs, including those made for brands, such as Hitachi, JVC, Techwood and Telefunken.
News categories: Vestel, TeraVolt, Barış Altınkaya, Tobias Künkel, Tobias Fröhlich, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel licenses Daewoo TV brand for Europe and Central Asia
May 21, 2021 – Vestel Ticaret has signed a licensing agreement with Posco International for the development, production, sales, marketing and distribution of TVs and household appliances under the Daewoo brand in 49 countries.
News categories: Vestel, Posco International, Central Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Licensing, Smart TV, Turkey
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
Feb 23, 2021 – Vestel is set to bring Twitch to more Smart TVs across Europe. With the app, everyone will be able to browse Twitch channels and watch live streams on any Vestel-manufactured Smart TV produced from June 2018 onwards.
News categories: Vestel, Twitch, Barış Altınkaya, Sajjad Rehman, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
rlaxx TV now available on Apple TV and Panasonic, Grundig Smart TVs
Feb 17, 2021 – rlaxx TV is now available on Apple TV, and smart TVs by Panasonic and Grundig in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The new availability adds around 8.5 million to the existing installed base.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland, UK
Samba TV begins Smart TV Privacy Manager rollout with Vestel
Feb 10, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the rollout of its Smart TV Privacy Manager. The Privacy Manager, based on the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF), is being rolled out to offer consumers privacy controls on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Ben Barokas, Leigh Freund, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
Jan 12, 2021 – AVOD service, rlaxx TV, is now also available in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria on Amazon's Fire TV devices and the smart TV OS Android TV. Content on rlaxx TV is structured in linear channels.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Smart TV, Switzerland, UK
Samba TV and Vestel optimise picture quality with AI
Jan 6, 2021 – Samba TV and Vestel have announced a partnership to introduce an artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Picture Perfect, that optimizes picture quality in real time for gaming, live sports, movies and more.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT