Digital TV News: Vestel
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
First results of German DVB-I Pilot to be shown at IBC 2022
Sep 7, 2022 – Stakeholders from the media industry, including broadcasters, device manufacturers, software providers and research companies have announced the start of the 'German DVB-I Pilot'.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-I, Remo Vogel, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
DTS Play-Fi wireless audio launching on Vestel and Philips TVs
Aug 31, 2022 – At IFA, attendees will be able to see Vestel's first DTS Play-Fi enabled TVs. In addition, DTS Play-Fi Home Theater for TVs is coming to Philips’ OLED+937, OLED807, and PUS8807 'The One' TV lines.
News categories: DTS, Dannie Lau, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart Home, Smart TV
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV