Digital TV News: ViXS
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ViXS reports first quarter 2016 results
Jun 10, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the quarter ending April 30, 2015. Revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2016 were $10.0 million, a 34% increase from the first quarter of fiscal 2015.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS extends professional decoder lineup with HDR and UHD 12-bit colour
Apr 13, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has extended its family of XCodePro products for professional and infrastructure markets with the launch of its XCodePro 370 decoder. The XCodePro 370 integrates new features such as High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 12-bit colour.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Hugh Chow, Content Distribution, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS announces 2nd generation Golden Reference Decoder for broadcast
Apr 8, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of the industry's next generation Ultra HD 4K HEVC Golden Reference Decoder (GRD2) tool, critical to the testing, validating, debugging and deploying of UHD 4K content for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, NABShow, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS powers first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-Bit OTT media player
Jan 7, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it is powering Skydigita's 4K Ultra HD HEVC Over-the-Top (OTT) media IP Client. The XCode 6400 powered Skydigita SDB-300 series of OTT media IP clients is the industry's first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 product on the market.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Skydigita, Perry Chappell, Jiang WuXian, CES2021, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Morega demos media mobility on Intel Ultra HD gateway at CES2015
Jan 6, 2015 – Morega Systems has announced that it will demonstrate a headed gateway solution at CES that combines Intel's Baker Lake reference design for Ultra HD, HEVC and DOCSIS 3.1 with Morega's placeshifting software.
News categories: Morega Systems, Intel Corp, ViXS, Buddy Snow, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS and Harmonic demonstrate HEVC 1080i and hybrid AVC/HEVC MPEG-DASH streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has teamed up with Harmonic at CES to demonstrate hybrid AVC/HEVC, MPEG-DASH technology - called HybridDASH. The companies will also demonstrate 1080i HEVC broadcast video delivery using SAFF standard syntax.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Harmonic Inc, Sally Daub, Thierry Fautier, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ViXS SoC first to support 12-bit High Dynamic Range
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced 12-bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) support in its SoCs. 12-bit HDR technology is the next evolutionary step in creating lifelike video experiences for the consumer.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sally Daub, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Ultra HD and HEVC set-top box shipments to explode
Nov 11, 2014 – Worldwide Ultra HD capable set-top box shipments will reach 48 million by 2020, while the market for HEVC set-top boxes will rise even further to 88 million units, according to ABI Research. Early prototypes have been based primarily on Broadcom or ViXS decoders.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs