Digital TV News: Viacom18
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
Feb 12, 2019 – Amagi has announced that Tastemade has added another distribution partner for its linear channel and VOD content offering – now on Comcast, YouTube TV, Philo TV, Sony's PlayStation Vue, and T-Mobile, all powered by Amagi.
News categories: Amagi, Tastemade, Deepakjit Singh, Jeremy Strauss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Kaltura powers Cloud TV service, VOOT by Viacom18
Sep 17, 2018 – Kaltura has announced that Viacom18’s VOOT Cloud TV service is using Kaltura to support explosive growth, with more than 37 million active users across mobile, web and smart TVs accessing over 50,000 hours of content and 100 million app downloads.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Dr. Shay David, Mohit Srivastava, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Viacom18 adds ThinkAnalytics personalized multi-language recommendations to VOOT
Sep 11, 2018 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Viacom18 in India has gone live with ThinkAnalytics on the ad-funded OTT service VOOT. VOOT’s users now have personalized recommendations on the home screen, making it quicker and easier to find content they want to watch.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Viacom18, Peter Docherty, Mohit Srivastava, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, India, Streaming, UX
Ooyala provides ad delivery for Voot OTT
May 31, 2016 – Ooyala is now the ad delivery provider for Voot, a new over-the-top (OTT) service from Viacom18. A joint venture between Viacom and the Network18 Group, Viacom18 is one of the fastest growing entertainment networks in India.
News categories: Ooyala, Viacom18, Keith Budge, Gaurav Gandhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Kaltura powers Viacom18's VOOT VoD service
Apr 6, 2016 – Kaltura has announced that it is powering Viacom18’s newly launched digital VOD service VOOT. The ad-supported video streaming service had launched, last week, with close to 17,000 hours of domestic and international content.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Ron Yekutiel, Gaurav Gandhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire