Digital TV News: Virgin Media
TiVo releases first UK Video Trends Report
Sep 14, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) from its UK Video Trends Report reveals that almost half of all UK consumers have not reduced their video spending due to increases in the cost of living.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, IBC2023, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
Magnite and SpringServe support FAST ad management at Virgin Media
Aug 30, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has been selected as the preferred SSP to support Virgin Media's FAST channels. Virgin Media will also use SpringServe, Magnite's ad serving platform.
News categories: Magnite, SpringServe, Virgin Media, Sam Wilson, Leon Siotis, David Bouchier, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Easel TV powers live T20 streaming trial for Kent Cricket
Jun 20, 2023 – Easel TV has helped create a PPV digital service for Kent Cricket as part of a game-wide trial. Kent is the first professional club to stream a live T20 Vitality Blast match behind a paywall.
News categories: Easel TV, Kent Cricket, Joe Foster, Simon Storey, Liam Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Paramount+ now available on Virgin TV in the UK
May 12, 2023 – Virgin Media customers with Virgin TV 360 or Stream can now access Paramount+ directly via their set-top box for £6.99 per month or £69.90 per year.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Virgin Media renews EST and TVOD content deal with Amdocs
May 10, 2023 – Amdocs (NASDAQ:DOX) has announced that its Vubiquity platform has been selected to continue to provide Virgin Media's customers with EST and TVOD content across different devices.
News categories: Amdocs, Virgin Media, Anthony Goonetilleke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
Nov 23, 2022 – People will soon be able to watch BBC One in HD without having to switch over to the current standard-definition versions for their local programming, following the roll-out of BBC One HD in England.
News categories: BBC, Kieran Clifton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
Paramount+ to debut on Virgin TV in 2023
Nov 2, 2022 – Paramount+ will debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin's set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access exclusive originals, films, and TV series from Paramount's brands and production studio.
News categories: Paramount, Virgin Media, Sarah Rose, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024