Digital TV News: Zain
Zain KSA and Huawei plan video streaming service
Feb 26, 2019 – Zain KSA and Huawei have agreed a plan to implement a 'to Home' video streaming service platform and infrastructure. Zain KSA will be the first telecom operator in the Middle East to use Huawei's video cloud solutions to build their own video services.
News categories: Zain, Huawei, Eng. Sultan Bin AbdulAziz AlDeghaither, Dennis Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MWC21, Saudi Arabia
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
TELUS launches 4K HDR TV -- a first in Canada
Apr 19, 2018 – TELUS has announced the launch of a 4K HDR on Optik TV. Already the only TV provider in Western Canada to offer live and On Demand 4K content, TELUS is now the only one to support 4K HDR.
News categories: TELUS, Zainul Mawji, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
MENA OTT revenues to quadruple
Jul 17, 2017 – Middle East & North Africa OTT TV episodes and movies will generate revenues of $1.75 billion by 2022; more than quadruple the $428 million recorded in 2016. SVOD’s dominance of the sector will grow, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
iflix extends footprint to sub-Saharan Africa
Jun 1, 2017 – iflix has announced the establishment of iflix Africa to bring its service to sub-Saharan Africa. With launches planned in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe, iflix Africa will increase iflix’s global footprint to 23 territories.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Andre de Wet, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, OTT, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Zain launches iflix service across Middle East and Africa
May 22, 2017 – Zain Group and iflix have announced the launch of iflix’s service across several of Zain’s markets. This follows the announcement earlier in the year whereby Zain and iflix formed a joint venture entity, ‘iflix Arabia’.
News categories: Zain, iflix, Scott Gegenheimer, Mark Britt, Apps, Bahrain, Digital TV, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Sudan
Zain and iflix establish 'iflix Arabia' joint venture
Feb 15, 2017 – Zain and iflix have announced the establishment of a joint venture, ‘iflix Arabia’, to bring iflix’ service to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). iflix Arabia, will be headquartered in Dubai and trade commercially as 'iflix'.
News categories: iflix, Zain, Mark Britt, John-Paul McKerlie, Bader Al Kharafi, Scott Gegenheimer, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
ICFLIX inks deal with Zain Bahrain
Nov 9, 2016 – ICFLIX is expanding its footprint to the Kingdom of Bahrain with the announcement of a strategic partnership with Zain Bahrain. Zain Bahrain customers will be able to enjoy the ICFLIX library for a monthly or weekly fee.
News categories: ICFLIX, Zain, Carlos Tibi, Roland Loetscher, Bahrain, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.