Digital TV News: Zattoo
Switzerland's AMB chooses ZATTOO for multiscreen IPTV service
Jul 16, 2020 – ZATTOO has announced that Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona (AMB) has chosen ZATTOO to deliver its next generation TV service. In combination with its FTTH products, AMB is launching a multiscreen IPTV service under the name WamboTV.
News categories: ZATTOO, Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona, Wambo, Julian Hens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
ZATTOO and Skyworth/STRONG announce STB partnership
May 21, 2020 – Zattoo has expanded its portfolio of supported devices with a 4K Android TV STB from Skyworth, via its German subsidiary, Strong Digital. The joint solution combines ZATTOO's TV-as-a-Service with the STB offering.
News categories: ZATTOO, Strong Digital, Nicolas Westermann, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MandA, Regulation, Switzerland
Kabel-TV Lampert extends partnership with ZATTOO in Austria
Mar 20, 2019 – Kabel-TV Lampert has announced its continued use of ZATTOO’s end-to-end platform. In future there will be a marketing option for other network operators who are interested in a TV product but do not want to invest in their own hardware and software.
News categories: ZATTOO, Lampert, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ZATTOO expands IPTV platform to Android TV for Operators
Feb 25, 2019 – ZATTOO is expanding its successful end-to-end White Label IPTV platform, which is now available on Android TV for Operators. The update has been released to coincide with Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
News categories: ZATTOO, Gernot Jaeger, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, MWC20, Set Top Box, Worldwide
innogy launches multiscreen IPTV with ZATTOO
Feb 19, 2019 – Energy company, innogy, is the tenth German network operator to introduce an IPTV product fully hosted and managed by ZATTOO. innogy TelNet customers can take advantage of up to 130 TV channels, with many in HD.
News categories: ZATTOO, innogy, Gernot Jaeger, Robin Weiand, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Salt Mobile introduces 4K/UHD on Apple TV with ZATTOO
Sep 14, 2018 – In the spring of 2018, Salt introduced a TV service in Switzerland powered by ZATTOO and using an Apple TV 4K Box as the client. The service will be expanded next month to include 4K/UHD content via the ZATTOO platform.
News categories: ZATTOO, Salt Mobile, Gernot Jaeger, Pascal Grieder, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
QSC and Zattoo create white label triple play solution for municipal utilities
May 23, 2018 – QSC and ZATTOO have agreed a cooperation enabling municipal utility and regional telecommunications providers to market triple play. QSC will offer the IPTV services provided by ZATTOO as a white-label product to such operators.
News categories: Zattoo, QSC, Gernot Jaeger, Dietmar Becker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand