Digital TV News: Zinwell
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Zinwell selects Opera TV OTT SDK for Asia-Pacific STBs
Jan 26, 2017 – Opera TV and Zinwell have announced a deal to integrate the Opera TV SDK on Zinwell set-top-boxes that will enable service provider partners to accelerate the delivery of OTT content directly into consumer homes.
News categories: Opera TV, Zinwell, Aneesh Rajaram, River Chiang, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Zinwell selects HTTV for HbbTV DVB-T2 receiver
May 26, 2015 – HTTV has announced the integration of httvLink, its HbbTV and HTML5 compliant TV operating system for connected STBs, with Zinwell receivers. The receiver is based on Broadcom's BCM7563 DVB-T2 chipset.
News categories: HTTV, Zinwell, Régis Saint Girons, River Chiang, Africa, Asia, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zinwell selects MaxLinear IC for channel-stacking digital ODU
Jan 9, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell is developing a new satellite digital outdoor (D-ODU) unit using MaxLinear’s MxL865 channel stacking system on chip (SoC).
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Brian Sprague, Chester Wu, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Zinwell picks MaxLinear Full-Spectrum Capture DVB-S/S2 receivers
Sep 15, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell, a major satellite TV set-top box manufacturer in Taiwan, has selected the MxL544 Full Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) DVB-S/S2 receiver for a new family of satellite TV home media gateways.
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Chester Wu, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor
SES Certifies New Zinwell SAT>IP Converter
Nov 2, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced the certification of a SAT>IP converter by Zinwell. With SAT>IP, satellite-delivered programmes are converted into IP standard at the point of reception for distribution around the home to smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SES S.A, Zinwell, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Smart Home
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
Zinwell Selects Broadcom DTV SoC for LCD HDTV
Sep 3, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that Zinwell has selected Broadcom's BCM3556 digital television (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) for its LCD HDTV ZAV-350, which is currently shipping in Europe.
News categories: Broadcom, Zinwell, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Nagravision to Secure New 'TDT Premium' Pay DTT in Spain
Sep 2, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that its NAGRA Media ACCESS conditional access (CA) system has been selected to secure the 'TDT Premium' pay TV digital terrestrial television (DTT) horizontal platform operated by Spain's Abertis Telecom.
News categories: Nagravision, Abertis Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics