Digital TV News: Zinwell
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Zinwell selects Opera TV OTT SDK for Asia-Pacific STBs
Jan 26, 2017 – Opera TV and Zinwell have announced a deal to integrate the Opera TV SDK on Zinwell set-top-boxes that will enable service provider partners to accelerate the delivery of OTT content directly into consumer homes.
News categories: Opera, Zinwell, Aneesh Rajaram, River Chiang, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Zinwell selects HTTV for HbbTV DVB-T2 receiver
May 26, 2015 – HTTV has announced the integration of httvLink, its HbbTV and HTML5 compliant TV operating system for connected STBs, with Zinwell receivers. The receiver is based on Broadcom's BCM7563 DVB-T2 chipset.
News categories: HTTV, Zinwell, Régis Saint Girons, River Chiang, Africa, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zinwell selects MaxLinear IC for channel-stacking digital ODU
Jan 9, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell is developing a new satellite digital outdoor (D-ODU) unit using MaxLinear’s MxL865 channel stacking system on chip (SoC).
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Brian Sprague, Chester Wu, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Zinwell picks MaxLinear Full-Spectrum Capture DVB-S/S2 receivers
Sep 15, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell, a major satellite TV set-top box manufacturer in Taiwan, has selected the MxL544 Full Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) DVB-S/S2 receiver for a new family of satellite TV home media gateways.
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Chester Wu, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor
SES Certifies New Zinwell SAT>IP Converter
Nov 2, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced the certification of a SAT>IP converter by Zinwell. With SAT>IP, satellite-delivered programmes are converted into IP standard at the point of reception for distribution around the home to smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SES S.A, Zinwell, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Smart Home
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
Zinwell Selects Broadcom DTV SoC for LCD HDTV
Sep 3, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that Zinwell has selected Broadcom's BCM3556 digital television (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) for its LCD HDTV ZAV-350, which is currently shipping in Europe.
News categories: Broadcom, Zinwell, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Nagravision to Secure New 'TDT Premium' Pay DTT in Spain
Sep 2, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that its NAGRA Media ACCESS conditional access (CA) system has been selected to secure the 'TDT Premium' pay TV digital terrestrial television (DTT) horizontal platform operated by Spain's Abertis Telecom.
News categories: Nagravision, Abertis Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions