Digital TV News: nc+
ADB launches broadcast/broadband multiscreen solution with NC+ as first customer
Sep 4, 2013 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) has announced ADB Multi-Screen, a software suite that combines broadcast and broadband delivery with home network content redistribution for an enhanced user experience across multiple screens at home and on the move.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Mobile, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 – Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group's total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
NC+ satellite TV launches in Poland
Mar 21, 2013 – The combined satellite TV service, NC+, replacing Cyfra+ from Canal+ and 'n' from TVN has launched in Poland. There are 6 packages to choose from ranging from 70 channels with 17 channels of HD up to 130 channels with 50 channels of HD along with VOD and multiroom.
News categories: NC+, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT, nc+) releases 2012 results
Feb 26, 2013 – Vivendi has released its 2012 results. Launched commercially in January 2012, the number of subscribers for GVT's pay-TV service reached 406,000 at the end of 2012. Canal+ France had 11.363 million subscriptions at the end of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite
CANAL+ and TVN begin merger of 'n' and CYFRA+ in Poland
Nov 30, 2012 – CANAL+ Group and TVN GROUP have announced the closing of their strategic partnership agreements and have started to merge their pay TV platforms n and CYFRA+, to create nc+, set to be Poland's leading premium pay TV operator.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, TVN GROUP, Digital TV, MandA, Poland, Satellite
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying