Digital TV News: ocilion
Thüringer Netkom chooses IPTV solution from ocilion
May 4, 2022 – Thüringer Netkom has opted for the cloud solution from ocilion. Its users will benefit from 4K set-top boxes, apps for iOS and Android, convenience functions (replay, restart, pause/play, recordings), and integrated video and media libraries.
News categories: ocilion, Thüringer Netkom, Hans Kühberger, Hendrik Westendorff, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
ocilion launches 5th generation set-top box family
Dec 14, 2021 – ocilion has developed and launched its fifth generation set-top box. The P500 family builds on the P400 series with a new chipset and further optimisations for better performance. All five models are based on MediaTek's 5251 SoC.
News categories: ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Deutsche GigaNetz launches fibre TV service with ocilion
Nov 11, 2021 – As part of the expansion of its fiber optic network in Germany, Deutsche GigaNetz is launching a TV product 'MyTV' based on ocilion's cloud solution. The service will be available both via both STBs and apps for smartphone, tablet, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: ocilion, Deutsche GigaNetz, Hans Kühberger, Sebastian Seggert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
Sep 20, 2021 – Eltrona has worked with ocilion to launch TV+, an interactive TV service with replay, integrated video library, fast zapping and recording. The service includes a TV+ app, for viewing on tablets and smartphones.
News categories: ocilion, Eltrona, Hans Kühberger, Paul Denzle, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, UX
Vubiquity to provide ocilion with content-as-a-service
Aug 4, 2021 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has been selected by ocilion to provide content for 50-plus telecommunication operators across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg.
News categories: Amdocs, ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
EWE launches ZuhauseTV with ocilion
Jun 29, 2021 – Oldenburg energy and telecommunications company EWE has selected ocilion to provide a complete on-premises solution including 4K STBs, first and second screen apps plus other features and content packages.
News categories: ocilion, EWE, Hans Kühberger, Andreas Mayer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
Jun 10, 2021 – Lünecom Kommunikationslösungen is using a cloud solution from ocilion to deliver IPTV over fiber in Northern Germany. Its 'LCTV' service includes a personalised UI, time-shifted TV, 4K STBs and a mobile app.
News categories: ocilion, Lünecom, Hans Kühberger, Lars Grodtmann, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Eltrona selects IPTV solution from ocilion
Jun 7, 2021 – Luxembourg's Eltrona has selected an IPTV solution from ocilion. Its customers can now enjoy functions such as replay TV, VOD and recording. The solution includes transmitter packages, 4K STBs, and first and second screen apps.
News categories: ocilion, Eltrona, Hans Kühberger, Paul Denzle, Dr. Nico Binsfeld, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, Set Top Box
M-net opts for IPTV solution from ocilion
May 26, 2021 – M-net has selected ocilion to further develop its IPTV offering in Bavaria. The solution includes the provision of IPTV receivers, first and second screen apps, replay and Net PVR, as well as content packages.
News categories: ocilion, M-net, Hans Kühberger, Dr. Wolfgang Wallauer, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report