Digital TV News: ocilion
willy.tel and wilhelm.tel select ocilion's IPTV solution
May 17, 2023 – willy.tel and wilhelm.tel have expanded their existing TV offering for the Hamburg metropolitan region with IPTV products based on ocilion's white-labeled cloud solution.
News categories: ocilion, willy.tel, wilhelm.tel, Hans Kühberger, Bernd Thielk, Arne Mietzner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
ocilion selects Agama for head-end assurance & analytics
Sep 6, 2022 – ocilion has selected Agama's Head-End assurance and analytics solution to ensure the delivery of an outstanding streaming experience. The Head-End Analyzer provides real-time insights on video service quality and the viewer experience.
News categories: Agama, ocilion, Mikael Dahlgren, Hans Kühberger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, QoE
Eight operators in Germany and Austria select ocilion
Jul 7, 2022 – Several network operators have selected ocilion's cloud solution to offer their customers TV. With ETN, EWF Connect, FairNetz, Stadtwerke Lengerich, Stadtwerke Rostock and Telepark Passau in Germany are Elektro Pühringer and Luwy TV-IT in Austria.
News categories: ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Thüringer Netkom chooses IPTV solution from ocilion
May 4, 2022 – Thüringer Netkom has opted for the cloud solution from ocilion. Its users will benefit from 4K set-top boxes, apps for iOS and Android, convenience functions (replay, restart, pause/play, recordings), and integrated video and media libraries.
News categories: ocilion, Thüringer Netkom, Hans Kühberger, Hendrik Westendorff, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
ocilion launches 5th generation set-top box family
Dec 14, 2021 – ocilion has developed and launched its fifth generation set-top box. The P500 family builds on the P400 series with a new chipset and further optimisations for better performance. All five models are based on MediaTek's 5251 SoC.
News categories: ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Deutsche GigaNetz launches fibre TV service with ocilion
Nov 11, 2021 – As part of the expansion of its fiber optic network in Germany, Deutsche GigaNetz is launching a TV product 'MyTV' based on ocilion's cloud solution. The service will be available both via both STBs and apps for smartphone, tablet, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: ocilion, Deutsche GigaNetz, Hans Kühberger, Sebastian Seggert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
Sep 20, 2021 – Eltrona has worked with ocilion to launch TV+, an interactive TV service with replay, integrated video library, fast zapping and recording. The service includes a TV+ app, for viewing on tablets and smartphones.
News categories: ocilion, Eltrona, Hans Kühberger, Paul Denzle, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, UX
Vubiquity to provide ocilion with content-as-a-service
Aug 4, 2021 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has been selected by ocilion to provide content for 50-plus telecommunication operators across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg.
News categories: Amdocs, ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
EWE launches ZuhauseTV with ocilion
Jun 29, 2021 – Oldenburg energy and telecommunications company EWE has selected ocilion to provide a complete on-premises solution including 4K STBs, first and second screen apps plus other features and content packages.
News categories: ocilion, EWE, Hans Kühberger, Andreas Mayer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin