Digital TV News: AVIA
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Vietnam among highest for online piracy in Southeast Asia
May 17, 2021 – A study of the online content viewing behaviour of Vietnamese consumers has found that 60% access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites. The levels of piracy went as high as 65% within the 18-24 age demographic.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, YouGov, Neil Gane, Thomas Jayet, Phan Vu Tuan, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Vietnam
India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
May 5, 2021 – At the Asia Video Industry Association's (AVIA) Future of Video India conference, industry leaders remained upbeat on the potential for growth despite a painful 2020 which had seen a 25% drop in TV advertising revenue.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Sunil Rayan, Megha Tata, Monika Shergill, Nimisha Pandey, Digital TV, India, Market Research
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ATEME encoding chosen for YouSee and Blockbuster in Denmark
Mar 23, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Nuuday, a Danish company providing TV and VoD services as part of the TDC Group, has adopted ATEME's TITAN range of encoding solutions for its YouSee and Blockbuster services.
News categories: ATEME, Nuuday, Katrine Finstad, Peter Bukhave Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Northern Waves reschedules Oslo TV conference to 2022
Feb 9, 2021 – Norigin Media has announced that the conference will not take place in Oslo in 2021. The TV technology and business conference will instead become a series of online compact conferences in the spring and autumn of 2021.
News categories: Norigin Media, Northern Waves, Ajey Anand, COVID-19, Norway, Show
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Nordija and Pontis offer end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform for LatAm
Dec 21, 2020 – Nordija and Pontis Technologies have joined forces to offer a complete end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform, aiming to meet the current needs and requirements of the LATAM market.
News categories: Nordija, Pontis, Lorena Zapata, Leonardo Gioino, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Latin America, OTT
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership