Digital TV News: AVIA
Norigin Media AI-based tool detects ad breaks on catchup TV content
Jun 23, 2020 – Norigin Media has announced an AI-based tool that detects and marks ad breaks on catchup TV content, allowing pay TV operators to explore new monetisation opportunities and offer unique UI/UX experiences on their streaming services.
News categories: Norigin Media, Ajey Anand, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
LG Display working on stretchable displays
Jun 11, 2020 – LG Display has announced that it has been selected by South Korea’s Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) to lead its national project to develop stretchable displays.
News categories: LG Display, MOTIE, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Digital TV, Korea
Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
May 26, 2020 – Yospace and Nordija have announced an integration that simplifies the route-to-market for broadcasters and video service providers wishing to monetize their live OTT streams via server-side dynamic ad insertion.
News categories: Nordija, Yospace, Peter Røder Kristensen, Ed New, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
May 20, 2020 – Nordija has made the first delivery of a next generation TV and Media platform from Telenor Sweden, consisting of web TV, a platform for phones and tablets and Apple TV with functionalities such as Unified Search, Single Sign-On and Deep Linking.
News categories: Nordija, Telenor, Jeroen van Vliet, Leif Björklund, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Edgeware chooses Norigin Media OTT Testing-aaS
May 14, 2020 – Norigin Media is to provide quality assurance for Edgeware’s StreamPilot, a streaming control solution for multi-CDN environments. The collaboration will be based on Norigin Media's OTT Testing-aaS packages.
News categories: Norigin Media, Edgeware’, Ajey Anand, Kalle Henriksson, Content Identification, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
Mar 23, 2020 – Eros International (NYSE: EROS) has announced that Eros Now has entered into a content deal with NBCUniversal and will launch Eros Now Prime, a stand-alone English content offering with over 2,000 hours of programming.
News categories: Eros International, NBCUniversal, Digital TV, India, OTT
Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
Feb 27, 2020 – Nordija and VGL, a local system integrator from Chile, have joined forces for the Andina Link Conference 2020 in Colombia to present a complete end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform, aiming to meet the current needs and requirements of the LATAM market.
News categories: Nordija, VGL, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UX
One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
Feb 19, 2020 – A Coalition Against Piracy study of the online content viewing behaviour of Taiwanese consumers, has revealed that 33% of consumers have accessed streaming piracy websites or torrent sites to access premium content without paying any subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Thomas Ee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019