Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Watch Brazil expands streaming TV service reach with Kaltura
Dec 17, 2021 – Kaltura has announced that Watch Brazil has launched its streaming TV service, Watch, powered by Kaltura and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Watch went live in Spring 2021 with 90 linear channels delivered by Kaltura on AWS.
News categories: Kaltura, Watch Brazil, Amazon Web Services, Nuno Sanches, Maurício Almeida, Anil Hinduja, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
Dec 1, 2021 – AWS (NASDAQ: AMZN) is powering the vast majority of Discovery’s infrastructure needs to deliver its discovery+ on-demand streaming video service, its digital services, and more than 450 linear TV channels to viewers around the world.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Discovery, Inc, Kathrin Renz, Avi Saxena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ExpressPlay DRM integrated with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 8, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that it has completed validation testing and supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in ExpressPlay multi-DRM cloud service.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Ali Hodjat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
NAB Show to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Aug 18, 2021 – All attendees and participants at NAB Show 2021 wll be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. According to the organizers, there is a strong eagerness among the NAB Show community to return in person.
News categories: NAB Show, COVID-19, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Wind Vision using Zappware cloud-native TV solution on AWS
Jun 3, 2021 – ZAPPWARE has announced that cloud-native versions of its back office and tools are running on AWS services, giving WIND VISION access to a secure set of cloud services for the benefit of its users.
News categories: ZAPPWARE, WIND Hellas, AWS, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Digital TV, Greece, UX
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market