Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
WIND VISION using ZAPPWARE cloud-native TV solution on AWS
Jun 3, 2021 – ZAPPWARE has announced that cloud-native versions of its back office and tools are running on AWS services, giving WIND VISION access to a secure set of cloud services for the benefit of its users.
News categories: ZAPPWARE, WIND Hellas, AWS, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Digital TV, Greece, UX
VisualOn supports AWS for Media & Entertainment Initiative
May 26, 2021 – VisualOn has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. Customers that use the VisualOn HTML5+ SaaS can maximize ad revenue and business return via an integration with AWS Elemental MediaTailor.
News categories: VisualOn, AWS, Yang Cai, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics integrates with Amazon Personalize
May 25, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has integrated its content discovery and viewer engagement platform with Amazon Personalize. Amazon Personalize enables developers to build applications with the same ML technology used by Amazon.com.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, AWS, Peter Docherty, Darragh O’Flanagan, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
May 12, 2021 – Irdeto has announced that it has joined the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative from Amazon Web Services (AWS). All Irdeto’s media services are designed to support customers running on AWS.
News categories: Irdeto, Amazon Web Services, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
Apr 29, 2021 – Accedo is supporting the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative via its Accedo Orchestra video management platform. Accedo Orchestra deploys in the content provider's AWS account, integrating with their existing video pipeline.
News categories: Accedo, AWS, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Disney+ global expansion built on AWS infrastructure
Apr 29, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has unveiled that The Walt Disney Company is using AWS for the global rollout of Disney+. Using AWS infrastructure, Disney+ has been able to rapidly expand to 59 countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, The Walt Disney Company, Carla Stratfold, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
Apr 29, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics is supporting the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. ThinkAnalytics' API integration with Amazon Personalize enables the creation of real-time personalized user experiences faster at scale.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021