Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
ExpressPlay DRM integrated with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 8, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that it has completed validation testing and supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in ExpressPlay multi-DRM cloud service.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Ali Hodjat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
NAB Show to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Aug 18, 2021 – All attendees and participants at NAB Show 2021 wll be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. According to the organizers, there is a strong eagerness among the NAB Show community to return in person.
News categories: NAB Show, COVID-19, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
WIND VISION using ZAPPWARE cloud-native TV solution on AWS
Jun 3, 2021 – ZAPPWARE has announced that cloud-native versions of its back office and tools are running on AWS services, giving WIND VISION access to a secure set of cloud services for the benefit of its users.
News categories: ZAPPWARE, WIND Hellas, AWS, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Digital TV, Greece, UX
VisualOn supports AWS for Media & Entertainment Initiative
May 26, 2021 – VisualOn has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. Customers that use the VisualOn HTML5+ SaaS can maximize ad revenue and business return via an integration with AWS Elemental MediaTailor.
News categories: VisualOn, AWS, Yang Cai, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics integrates with Amazon Personalize
May 25, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has integrated its content discovery and viewer engagement platform with Amazon Personalize. Amazon Personalize enables developers to build applications with the same ML technology used by Amazon.com.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, AWS, Peter Docherty, Darragh O’Flanagan, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
May 12, 2021 – Irdeto has announced that it has joined the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative from Amazon Web Services (AWS). All Irdeto’s media services are designed to support customers running on AWS.
News categories: Irdeto, Amazon Web Services, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying