Digital TV News: Aneesh Rajaram
Vewd unifies linear and OTT in a UX for pay TV operators
Dec 15, 2020 – Vewd has introduced Vewd OpX (Operator Experience), a cloud-managed set-top box experience integrating pay TV services with aggregated OTT content. Vewd OpX enables operators to deliver any TV content within a single unified user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Vestel expands Smart TV contract with Vewd
Aug 28, 2020 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see Vewd Core and Core Modules deployed across the full range of Vestel Smart TVs. The agreement will also lead to the first large scale deployment of Smart TVs supporting the HbbTV OpApp standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey, Worldwide
Vewd wins Emmy for work on HTML5 for TV
Jan 30, 2020 – Vewd has announced that the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) has granted Vewd a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its pioneering work on HTML5 for the presentation of online content on the TV screen.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd and Bitrouter offer integrated ATSC 3.0 software solution
Jan 7, 2020 – Vewd has partnered with BitRouter to pre-integrate BitRouter's ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver software package with its Vewd OS and Vewd Core. The joint offering accelerates the launch of hybrid TV devices supporting NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Vewd, Gopal Miglani, Aneesh Rajaram, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
Sep 13, 2019 – Amlogic has partnered with Vewd to pre-integrate Vewd OS on chipsets designed for streaming media players, STBs and connected home devices. The partnership reduces CapEx and time-to-market for manufacturers selecting Amlogic silicon, while giving access to the Vewd OS feature set.
News categories: Vewd, Amlogic, Aneesh Rajaram, James Xie, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2022, Set Top Box
ALi and Vewd bring OTT functionality to entry-level Pay TV STBs
Sep 11, 2019 – Vewd has announced that ALi Corporation will pre-integrate Vewd Atom on its ALi M3528 platform for set-top boxes. This breakthrough cloud-based solution brings full OTT functionality to entry-level set-top boxes previously unable to run modern TV apps.
News categories: Vewd, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Sophia Liang, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools