Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Fox Corporation to acquire Tubi
Mar 17, 2020 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has agreed to acquire Tubi for approximately $440 million. Tubi brings to FOX an expanded consumer offering with a sizable, younger-skewing and directly connected user base.
News categories: Fox Corp, Tubi, Lachlan Murdoch, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Roku to acquire dataxu
Oct 22, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase dataxu. dataxu provides marketers with an automated bidding and self-serve software solution to manage ad campaigns programmatically across digital platforms.
News categories: Roku, dataxu, Anthony Wood, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Roku estimates Q4 active accounts top 27 million
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has disclosed preliminary Q4 2018 data for two key operating metrics, active accounts and streaming hours, demonstrating continued momentum for the Roku platform as consumers shift toward streaming.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Roku adds audio and voice assistance to the TV user expereince
Jan 3, 2018 – Roku has unveiled plans to make it easy for Roku TV customers to add audio to their TV experience. The company has also announced plans to develop and launch a voice assistant, the Roku Entertainment Assistant, optimized for home entertainment.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Roku hits 15 million monthly active accounts
Jul 12, 2017 – Roku has announced that it reached 15 million monthly active accounts as of June 30, 2017 growing 43 percent over the same period of the prior year. Users streamed nearly 7 billion hours on the Roku platform in the first half of 2017.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku streams 1 billion hours of video in December
Feb 28, 2017 – Roku has announced that 13.4 million active accounts streamed a record 1 billion hours of video and music in December 2016 and that Roku customers streamed a total of 9 billion hours in all of 2016.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Roku introduces Roku 4 with Roku OS 7
Oct 6, 2015 – Roku has announced its Roku 4 streaming player. The Roku 4 runs the new Roku OS 7 that the company has also announced. Roku OS 7 is filled with new discovery features that give consumers more access to entertainment choices.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices