Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku exceeds 50 million active accounts
Jan 6, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced preliminary estimated data for the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, 2020, of 51.2 million active accounts — up by approximately 14 million accounts in 2020.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fox Corporation to acquire Tubi
Mar 17, 2020 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has agreed to acquire Tubi for approximately $440 million. Tubi brings to FOX an expanded consumer offering with a sizable, younger-skewing and directly connected user base.
News categories: Fox Corp, Tubi, Lachlan Murdoch, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Roku to acquire dataxu
Oct 22, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase dataxu. dataxu provides marketers with an automated bidding and self-serve software solution to manage ad campaigns programmatically across digital platforms.
News categories: Roku, dataxu, Anthony Wood, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Roku estimates Q4 active accounts top 27 million
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has disclosed preliminary Q4 2018 data for two key operating metrics, active accounts and streaming hours, demonstrating continued momentum for the Roku platform as consumers shift toward streaming.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Roku adds audio and voice assistance to the TV user expereince
Jan 3, 2018 – Roku has unveiled plans to make it easy for Roku TV customers to add audio to their TV experience. The company has also announced plans to develop and launch a voice assistant, the Roku Entertainment Assistant, optimized for home entertainment.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Roku hits 15 million monthly active accounts
Jul 12, 2017 – Roku has announced that it reached 15 million monthly active accounts as of June 30, 2017 growing 43 percent over the same period of the prior year. Users streamed nearly 7 billion hours on the Roku platform in the first half of 2017.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku streams 1 billion hours of video in December
Feb 28, 2017 – Roku has announced that 13.4 million active accounts streamed a record 1 billion hours of video and music in December 2016 and that Roku customers streamed a total of 9 billion hours in all of 2016.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV