Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Pandemic has accelerated move to TV streaming in the U.S.
Sep 9, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has published the results of its annual survey that provides insights into consumer TV viewing behaviors and preferences and how the pandemic accelerated the ongoing shift to TV streaming.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Roku exceeds 50 million active accounts
Jan 6, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced preliminary estimated data for the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, 2020, of 51.2 million active accounts — up by approximately 14 million accounts in 2020.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fox Corporation to acquire Tubi
Mar 17, 2020 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has agreed to acquire Tubi for approximately $440 million. Tubi brings to FOX an expanded consumer offering with a sizable, younger-skewing and directly connected user base.
News categories: Fox Corp, Tubi, Lachlan Murdoch, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Roku to acquire dataxu
Oct 22, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase dataxu. dataxu provides marketers with an automated bidding and self-serve software solution to manage ad campaigns programmatically across digital platforms.
News categories: Roku, dataxu, Anthony Wood, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart TV, TV OS, UK
Roku estimates Q4 active accounts top 27 million
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has disclosed preliminary Q4 2018 data for two key operating metrics, active accounts and streaming hours, demonstrating continued momentum for the Roku platform as consumers shift toward streaming.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Roku adds audio and voice assistance to the TV user expereince
Jan 3, 2018 – Roku has unveiled plans to make it easy for Roku TV customers to add audio to their TV experience. The company has also announced plans to develop and launch a voice assistant, the Roku Entertainment Assistant, optimized for home entertainment.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA, UX
Roku hits 15 million monthly active accounts
Jul 12, 2017 – Roku has announced that it reached 15 million monthly active accounts as of June 30, 2017 growing 43 percent over the same period of the prior year. Users streamed nearly 7 billion hours on the Roku platform in the first half of 2017.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22