Digital TV News: Atmosphere
Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
Feb 7, 2023 – Atmosphere has announced a $65m Series D funding round. The company's FAST platform provides programming to restaurants, bars, gyms, doctor offices, and other business establishments worldwide.
News categories: Atmosphere, Leo Resig, John Resig, Blake Sabatinelli, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
BMW pilots in-car streaming of Bundesliga football
Jan 18, 2023 – BMW and DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga have announced a pilot in which content from the Bundesliga will delivered over-the-air to the new BMW 7 Series for viewing on its BMW Curved Display.
News categories: BMW, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Streaming
StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
Sep 19, 2022 – StarHub has announced TV+ Pro, a set-top box with integrated soundbar designed to captivate audiences with an immersive TV experience delivered in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, with audio tuning by Bang & Olufsen.
News categories: StarHub, Dolby, Bang & Olufsen, Yann Courqueux, Ashim Mathur, Duncan McCue, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
BMW Theatre Screen brings cinematic experience to the vehicle
Jan 5, 2022 – BMW's My Mode Theatre transforms the rear of the vehicle interior into a private cinema lounge with surround sound and 5G connectivity thanks to the BMW Theatre Screen, a 31-inch ultra-wide display with a resolution of up to 8K.
News categories: BMW, Frank Weber, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
Oct 12, 2021 – Vestel has launched Red Bull TV on its line-up of Smart TV ranges. The app has been rolled out by Vestel to more than twenty TV brands across Europe, giving viewers front row access to a world that's beyond the ordinary.
News categories: Vestel, Red Bull, Barış Altınkaya, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
Sep 23, 2021 – IRIS.TV and SpringServe have announced that they are working together to enable video-level contextual targeting for CTV through SpringServe's platform for ad inventory management.
News categories: IRIS.TV, SpringServe, Field Garthwaite, Joe Hirsch, Mike Richter, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
Mar 2, 2021 – ANGA COM, scheduled for June, will be postponed to next year due to the pandemic. A new virtual event format, ANGA COM DIGITAL, will be held from 8 to 10 June 2021, at the originally planned show date.
News categories: ANGA COM, Dr. Peter Charissé, ANGA COM, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
MIPTV 2020 cancelled
Mar 4, 2020 – Reed MIDEM has announces that MIPTV 2020, scheduled to take place March 30-April 2 in Cannes, has been cancelled due to concerns related to the coronavirus (Covid-19). The next edition of MIPTV will take place April 12-15, 2021.
News categories: MIPTV, Paul Zilk, COVID-19, Digital TV, Show
Tivo adds content partners to Tivo+
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a collection of new content partners for its video network, TiVo+. Available exclusively to TiVo customers, TiVo+ delivers free live streaming channels and thousands of movies and TV shows to viewers in an app-free environment.
News categories: TiVo, Dave Shull, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028