Digital TV News: BARB
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Yospace wins ITV Hub ad insertion contract extension
Feb 11, 2021 – ITV has extended its relationship with Yospace for targeted advertising on live channels in ITV Hub. The extension runs until 2022 and will mark over a decade of collaboration on server-side ad insertion (SSAI).
News categories: Yospace, ITV, Tim Sewell, Vinay Gupta, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Yospace extends ad insertion deal with ITV
Jan 6, 2021 – ITV has extended its relationship with Yospace for targeted advertising on live channels in ITV Hub. The extension runs until 2022 and will mark over a decade of collaboration and innovation in SSAI.
News categories: Yospace, ITV, Vinay Gupta, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
Dec 1, 2020 – Local TV stations in Florida have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV along the gulf coast. WMOR-TV will serve as the host station for NEXTGEN TV signals from WMOR-TV, WFTS-TV, WFLA-TV, WTSP-TV, and WTVT-TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
AudienceProject partners with SpotX on OTT measurement
Oct 13, 2020 – SpotX has announced the UK launch of SpotX MetriX, a cross-platform measurement solution developed with AudienceProject and TechEdge. The solution offers brands and their agencies insights into growing OTT audiences.
News categories: AudienceProject, SpotX, TechEdge, Henrik Lauritzen, Graeme Lynch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
Sep 23, 2020 – BARB has issued a refreshed invitation to tender which covers five research contracts. The tender process is designed to identify solutions for tracking viewing behaviour throughout the 2020s.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Comark releases all-in-one transmitter for Non-Repack and NextGen TV
Sep 18, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has released its PARALLAX All-In-One (AIO) DTV transmitter for non-repack and NextGen TV requirements. PARALLAX AIO is a compact transmitter intended for medium power DTV markets.
News categories: Comark, Tom Barbeau, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
Aug 5, 2020 – A surge in screen time during lockdown saw UK adults spend 40% of their waking day watching TV and online video services, Ofcom has found. People spend twice as much time watching subscription streaming services: 34 minutes in 2019, and 1 hour 11 minutes in April 2020.
News categories: Ofcom, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV