Digital TV News: Boxee
VOD market to reach $77.7 billion by 2024
May 23, 2017 – The global Video on Demand (VoD) market is expected to reach $77.7 billion by 2024, according to Ameri Research. Swelling demand for VoD programming including long and short term content is a major factor driving market growth.
News categories: Ameri Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino launches TV App store - powered by Opera - at IBC 2013
Sep 13, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) is to partner with Opera Software in the delivery of the Amino TV App Store for its Live Home Media Centre - powered by Opera Software's Opera TV Store application platform, and providing hundreds of free apps.
News categories: Amino, Opera Software, Donald McGarva, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box
Changhong integrates Opera Devices SDK
Sep 10, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that Changhong will integrate the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) with its latest line of Smart TVs. This gives Changhong viewers a passport to hundreds of apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, Changhong, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Smart TV
Opera expands in China TV market with Konka
Sep 6, 2013 – Opera Software and Konka have announced that the Opera TV Store app platform, Opera TV browser and Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) have now landed on Konka's newest Smart TV.
News categories: Opera Software, Konka, Apps, China, Digital TV, IFA, Middleware, Smart TV
TiVo adds Opera Software to Roamio
Aug 29, 2013 – Opera (OSEBX:OPERA) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a technology integration to enhance the power of web technologies on TiVo devices with the Opera Devices SDK, as well as open up the world of HTML5 TV apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, TiVo Inc, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sigma and Boxee create cloud-based DVR, OTT and Premium platform for television OEMs
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they have teamed up with Boxee to make it plug-and-play easy for manufacturers to embed Boxee's software with Cloud-based DVR, Internet applications and social TV guide inside their televisions.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Boxee, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
StreamGuys PassKey secures OTT and Online Media
Nov 12, 2012 – Broadcasters and online media publishers seeking stronger protection for valuable streaming media content, including OTT video services, have a new choice on the market as StreamGuys introduces its enhanced SGPassKey solution for customers worldwide.
News categories: StreamGuys, Content Protection, Streaming
Boxee launches Boxee TV with Cloud-DVR
Oct 16, 2012 – Boxee has announced a new device, Boxee TV, that will be available in the US this November. It brings together Live TV, Internet Apps and a Cloud DVR. The device is based on a chipset from Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: Boxee, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Boxee Brings Comcast to Negotiations over Basic Tier Encryption
Jun 28, 2012 – Due to an FCC filing from Comcast, IMS Research has learned that Boxee appears to have brought Comcast to the negotiating table over basic-tier encryption, and has apparently won everything it was looking to get.
News categories: IMS Research, Boxee, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022