Digital TV News: CEC
Heartland Video Systems unveils ATSC 3.0 datacasting solutions
Oct 12, 2023 – Heartland Video Systems (HVS) is collaborating with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to offer innovative options for distributing firmware, software and data via ATSC 3.0 datacasting.
News categories: Heartland Video Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dennis Klas, Paolo Ceccherini, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
May 27, 2023 – Airbus-built Arabsat Badr-8 has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral. Badr-8 will provide connectivity at 26°E for users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and central Asia.
News categories: Airbus, Arabsat, Jean Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Omdia reveals market is favoring China panel makers
May 16, 2023 – Competition from China’s top tier TV makers is on the rise with TCL and Hisense accounting for 24% of TV panel purchases in 1Q23, up from 22% in 2022, and higher than the historical average of 19%.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
DISH to add to fleet with new Maxar satellite order
Apr 18, 2023 – Maxar (NYSE: MAXR) (TSX: MAXR) has received an order for a direct broadcast satellite from DISH, designated ES XXV. The satellite will be operated by DISH and deliver content across North America.
News categories: Maxar, DISH Network, Chris Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
TO THE NEW partners with Vionlabs on content discovery and recommendations
Mar 16, 2023 – TO THE NEW and Vionlabs have partnered to improve customer experience through mood-based content discovery, using AI-based analysis of video files to increase viewer engagement and satisfaction.
News categories: Vionlabs, TO THE NEW, Cecilie Chen, Manish Sinha, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Shipments of TV panels projected to drop 2.8% YoY in 2023
Jan 11, 2023 – The recent decline of the global economy has significantly dampened the outlook for sales of TVs. As a result, TrendForce expects shipments of TV panels to fall by 2.8% YoY to a total of 264 million units for 2023.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2024, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification