Digital TV News: Channel 4
Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 5, 2023 – Miami viewers can now access five more free OTA channels with NEXTGEN TV: WPLG-TV (ABC), WSVN-TV (FOX, TheGrio, and This TV), and WPLG has started broadcasting LOCAL 10 Plus.
News categories: Pearl TV, WPLG-TV, WSVN-TV, Anne Schelle, Bert Medina, Paul Magnes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
UK's Channel 4 records streaming high in October
Nov 15, 2023 – Channel 4 has recorded its biggest-ever month of streaming in October. Data released by Barb showed the channel registered 6.7 billion viewer minutes in October.
News categories: Channel 4, Ian Katz, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
JVC Roku TV models launch in the UK at Currys
Oct 4, 2023 – Roku has announced a range of Roku TV models with Currys-owned brand JVC. Combining quality hardware with the Roku OS, the TVs deliver a seamless streaming experience at competitive prices.
News categories: Roku, Currys, Bart Bomers, Paul Slater, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, UK
Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
Sep 20, 2023 – Barb has upgraded its API to include all data available in its panel viewing file, including non-linear viewing on BVOD, SVOD and video-sharing services plus viewing on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Barb, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
Sep 18, 2023 – Britain's broadcasters are developing a free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband. Set for launch in 2024, the Freely service will be built-in to the next generation of smart TVs.
News categories: Everyone TV, Jonathan Thompson, Tim Davie, Dame Carolyn McCall, Alex Mahon, Maria Kyriacou, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Minneapolis TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 22, 2023 – Minneapolis viewers can now experience the future of broadcast TV as five local stations - WUCW-TV, KSTP-TV, WCCO-TV, KMSP-TV and KARE-TV - launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ONE Media, NAB, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Jerald Fritz, Wendy Paulson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Polaroid Roku TV models launch at Asda in the U.K.
Jul 20, 2023 – Polaroid Roku TV models have arrived at Asda in the U.K. The HD and 4K TVs combine Polaroid hardware with Roku's OS to deliver a best-in-class streaming experience at an accessible price.
News categories: Roku, Asda, Polaroid, Bart Bomers, Joanna Stenhouse, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, UK
Channel 4 to see if lower frequency of ads more effective
Mar 29, 2023 – In the UK, advertisers on Channel 4's streaming service are to take part in an experiment to see if fewer adverts from a single brand, can deliver more effective and impactful campaigns.
News categories: Channel 4, Jonathan Lewis, Richard Warren, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
Mar 16, 2023 – Channel 4 will be the first UK broadcaster to offer brands the option of using the automated ad buying platform Xandr having added it to its suite of demand side platforms.
News categories: Channel 4, Xandr, Fatima Dowlet, Adam Lynch, Melinda Clow, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward